Re: Whats in your... sock drawer?

@bernhardtra wrote:

@FloridaState12 wrote:

FSU CU MasterCard

Walmart Store

Citi Forward

AMEX Zync

Chase Freedom

Soon-to-be: Discover IT...I'm just using it now because it's "new," but with the joke of a limit it has, it's going in the SD after the next statement cuts.

Will probably put the Citi Dividend in the SD once my new Cap1 gets here...I mainly have it in my wallet because it's my only MasterCard with a decent limit, but I'll probably start alternating between it and the Cap1 card since they finally decided to stop treating me like a kid. I just have it for the sake of having a MC, just in case.

I have heard with the DIscover card that it will increase nicely with usage.  Being new with them I charged $790 to the card and then paid it off a few weeks later, but this is just the first month of having the card, so no real personal knowledge of it's habits yet.  I am going to use it though to make sure I have the best possibility of getting a good limit with them.  I like their rewards and I actually kinda like the fact that I have a Discover card after all.  Maybe one day it will hit the sock drawer when I have much better cards.  But for now it is that card and the Freedom card mostly for me.

For some, that may be the case...but not for me. I've used the crap out of that card even with their little toy $500 limit...so, nearly 11 months later, I request a CLI and they give me another measly $500. Discover and Chase are both battling it out for last place among ALL my cards, even Cap1...and that's saying something.

I'll take it out and use it every once in a while, but they've shown they don't give a damn about my usage; Chase is the same way. Exactly the same. Used the hell out of the card at $500 then after a HP they only up me $500 more...saying "we need to see how you handle it." Bull****. I've always PIF multiple times a month and made it one of my go-to cards and that's how I get rewarded? No thanks. I've got better cards with higher limits...I don't need them in my wallet.

Photobucket
Message 31 of 38
ycm
Established Member

VS

BoA Visa

Citi Amex

Amex Zync

Amex Delta Gold | Amex BCE | BofA Travel Visa Sig | Discover IT | Fidelity Visa | REI Visa Sig
Message 32 of 38
lithium78
Established Contributor

@p- wrote:

@lithium78 wrote:

CapOne Platinum.  I really should cancel this card because it is useless.

You should PC it to something better.

I've thought about that, but I don't want another triple pull from CapOne.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 33 of 38
p-
Valued Contributor

lithium78 wrote:  I've thought about that, but I don't want another triple pull from CapOne.

They soft pull for all of that stuff.  I recently got the EO to PC my Platinum Rebuilder to a Green Cash and raise it to 10k with no hard pull.

Message 34 of 38
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

My SD:

Cap One Secured Card

On the Dresser (close to sock drawer):

Cap One Platinum (with added 1% Cash Back)

NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scores: EQ - 670 | TU- 742 | EX - 691
Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dicover IT 

CITI AA

USAA AMEX

All approved this week. Goodbye and sock drawer to following cards:

Applied banked secured

Opensky CC secured

1st FCU Secured

Message 36 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

The moral of this thread is.... If you ever become a home burgler... Make sure you check the sock drawer LOL Smiley Happy

Still an interesting read as to what cards you keep in circulation and which ones you bench Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 38
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Barclays Apple Visa

BofA Amex

Chase Slate

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.