cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the Highest BOA credit limit given ???

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Whats the Highest BOA credit limit given ???

@HiLine wrote:

What???

Her and my dad were school chums with George Washington, so sometime in that era she got it.

@HiLine wrote:

Be careful. I got a hard pull for a CLI request with BofA. I disputed the inquiry and am hoping it would be removed. 

It was hard for me too, but disputing it will get you nowhere. They would only remove it if it was done without your consent, and it was not.

Message 21 of 41
Smug
Established Contributor

I only have 10K on mine.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 22 of 41
HiLine
Blogger

I wasn't consciously allowing them to make an inquiry, and afterwards I received no communication from them, which is why I wasn't aware of the hard pull until I viewed my credit report a month later. Needless to say, I did not get a CLI either. I'm hoping that I made a good case with the lack of communication on their part.

Message 23 of 41
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Ok guys I thinks a hard pull every time at least for me it is.....

I wanted to know that I'm currently at 26k limit with 130-150k income, what is the highest I can go ??? Will they give me 50k in 2 years ??
Message 24 of 41
HiLine
Blogger

@youngman1234 wrote:
Ok guys I thinks a hard pull every time at least for me it is.....

I wanted to know that I'm currently at 26k limit with 130-150k income, what is the highest I can go ??? Will they give me 50k in 2 years ??

Why do you even care?

If you're a credit limit pursuer, try banking with them. Once you become a preferred customer they'll know enough of your financial situation to grant an even higher credit limit.

Message 25 of 41
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I care because I use the limits for my business.... I do bank with them both personal/business...

I'm trying to get to 50k so that it helps me for credit that I can use for my business....
Message 26 of 41
HiLine
Blogger

@youngman1234 wrote:
I care because I use the limits for my business.... I do bank with them both personal/business...

I'm trying to get to 50k so that it helps me for credit that I can use for my business....

If that's the case, I would talk to a banker and see what he can suggest/offer. If Bank of America holds a lot of your assets they will stick their neck out to please you.

Message 27 of 41
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Yeah but since the business is new they won't extend me business credit just personal... However my chase banker has been wonderful really helpful with small business lending.....
Message 28 of 41
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

I wasn't consciously allowing them to make an inquiry, and afterwards I received no communication from them, which is why I wasn't aware of the hard pull until I viewed my credit report a month later. Needless to say, I did not get a CLI either. I'm hoping that I made a good case with the lack of communication on their part.

I doubt the inquiry will be removed. Bank of America will just come back saying that it was you that initiated the request and not some unauthorised person. I am unsure why they did not notify you, but that is not grounds for removing an inquiry. No harm in trying though, and good luck.

@youngman1234 wrote:
Yeah but since the business is new they won't extend me business credit just personal... However my chase banker has been wonderful really helpful with small business lending.....

Chase is really good with giving out business credit to a new business in my experience. I was able to get a 5000 (not that much, but enough for inventory) line with the business only being a few months old. I personally would stick with them for business. Bank of America business cards do not have any good rewards that I can see. American Express is also good about giving credit to a new business.

Message 29 of 41
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Chase has been good for me.... For Amex I have a high risk score cus I'm new to credit(2.5 years) and too many new accounts and inquiries..... boa I tried for a credit card when we first opened but no luck just tried again last week....still waiting on a response...
Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.