Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the best credit card for benefits

tag
firesoul453
Contributor

Whats the best credit card for benefits

So I recently discovered how nice credit card benefits can be and I'm wondering what card offers the best benefits, besides something like AMEX centurion or palladium.

I have a Capital One Journey card and well its not very good and for some reaon they wont raise my limit past $750

I also have a discover card, which seems like the best to me, there are lots of benefits I didn't even know existed!

So what card do you recommend?

Benefits like : extended warrenty, early access to tickets, cash back (cash over), Purchase Protection, etc. Basicaly anything thats not rewards

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Whats the best credit card for benefits

What sort of benefits are you talking about? 

Message 2 of 9
firesoul453
Contributor

Sorry

Benefits like : extended warrenty, early access to tickets, cash back (cash over), Purchase Protection, etc. Basicaly anything thats not rewards (like a reward would be cash back)

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like your goal card would be Blue Cash from Amex.

Message 4 of 9
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Re: What's the best credit card for benefits

I think as of last month Discover does double warranty.

Message 5 of 9
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Discover It/more is the only card I know of that gives you cash over at the purchase apr at certain retailers (mostly supermarkets) . Pretty sure they also give cashback for any cash over that you take.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 6 of 9
CardinalRules
New Contributor

@OptimasPrime wrote:

Discover It/more is the only card I know of that gives you cash over at the purchase apr at certain retailers (mostly supermarkets) . Pretty sure they also give cashback for any cash over that you take.

They no longer do this as far as I know, otherwise people could just max out the cash they get at the register whenever they shop and then net some huge money from Discover over time. 

AMEX SPG - $8k
Citi AA Visa - $6.5k
Walmart Discover - $5.5k
Citi Forward - $3.9k
Discover More - $2.5k
Wells Fargo Cash Back - $1.9k
Message 7 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

The walmart card will let you get cash back at the store with a purchase and not charge it as a cash advance up to $60 I think (afaik)

Mastercard platinum cards will double your manufacturer's warranty up to 12 months, I think most cards do this. They also get the rental insurance up to a $50,000 MSRP rental car, stuff like that, I believe they'll also front the money for bail and a lawyer if you get arrested overseas, however, you do have to pay them back. They also do roadside assistance but you have to pay for it, they just contact the company for you. I believe amex cards will do roadside assistance and pay the first $50, then the rest is on you though. 

Visa plat is pretty similar, where you get into real benefits is with Visa sig and World Elite MC, but I don't have either so I can't help you there. You can check them on mastercard.com and visa.com or just google 'Visa/Mastercard (card type: plat, sig/World,World Elite) benefits)

Also when you get approved for a new card it will also list the "Cardmember Benefits" as provided by the backer (visa, MC, discover, Amex) 

Message 8 of 9
Open123
Super Contributor

Amex cash cards would be your best bet.  With warranty, purchase, and disputes, I don't there's any issuer who takes the cardmember's side more so than Amex.  Every merchant agreement stipulates that Amex can reverse any charge for whatever reason without the rights of the merchant to appeal.  This is great for Amex cardmembers during disputes.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.