Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the deal with HSBC?

tag
AnaMKMK
New Contributor

Whats the deal with HSBC?

I called them in the beginning of December, spoke to one of their 'Customer Service' Reps and was told HSBC reports at the end of every month to all 3 credit bureaus. So I told him, my last report was in October and asked when November will hit - he said it takes time to work through the system and update on all ends (a nice line of BS - we live in a world of computers, the update should be almost instant after the data is sent).

It's now January, and it reflects my November balance info - whats the deal? They're still telling me that they update on a monthly basis, but why does it take so long? CapOne updates within a matter of days after statement closing - my department store card updates better than this!

Any ideas?

By the way, prior to October, I didn't notice a thing so I can only assume it was updating correctly then. I've become a little tenacious about checking my report, so benefit of the doubt goes to HSBC and my memory.
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
NowIcare
Regular Contributor

Re: Whats the deal with HSBC?

Ohhh Great I thought it was just me................
They have not reported on my CR since nov also
NO SIGNATURE FOR ME
Message 2 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Seems like I read a while back that people were noticing that one of the big CCC's was reporting every * other * month, instead of every month as they used to. Might have been HSBC? Looks like they've found yet another way to save some $$$. Smiley Tongue

edit: thanks, Eddie!

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 01-06-2008 11:06 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Seems like I read a while back that people were noticing that one of the big CCC's was reporting every month, instead of every month as they used to. Might have been HSBC? Looks like they've found yet another way to save some $$$. Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 01-06-2008 10:47 AM

Your restraints are too tight, read your reply again Smiley Tongue

Every OTHER month and I think it is HSBC because that happens with my Orchard card every once in a while.
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you were to do a search-

You will find every few months there is a delay in HSBC's reporting-
Why? I have no idea-

Mine are still at zero balances- but do not have a "closed status"

Message 5 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Smiley Very Happy !

Thanks! Saw the grammar error and missed the content error entirely. This is what happens when I skip the "preview post."
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely a problem..I got a score watch alert that says, either I missed a payment or  one of my account hadnt updated and I got ding 1 pt for it....Now imagine that...For HSBC being late reporting....Smiley Mad
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, mine hasn't updated either. I was wondering what was going on... Glad to know it's not just me! I was thinking maybe it had something to do with the holidays.

So, I guess it's ok for them to report whenever they want? I would think they would be required to report regularly if they are going to do so at all. Otherwise, they are not reporting accurate info...
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

If a company reports - they must do so every 60 days... according to FCRA
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If a company reports - they must do so every 60 days... according to FCRA

Ok...thanks! Good to know!
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.