cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats your Discover card credit limit?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Whats your Discover card credit limit?

You can use Disco all day long and doesnt mean youll be Michael Jordan with the 50k limits lol. plenty of people use it, pun intended Smiley Wink, and cant get a cli for the life of them while others put minimum spend and get 6k+ increases at ease. Toss of the dice on where one will fall.
Message 61 of 460
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Started at $3500 in 2012. After a couple manual SP CLIs and a recent auto $4,000 CLI, my new CL is $17,000.

I don't use the card much anymore.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 62 of 460
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover was my first CC, which I opened 4 months back with no credit history whatsoever (international student). SL was 750 but has doubled to 1500 since. 

Message 63 of 460
DEcreditguy
New Contributor

Man, I must be doing something wrong with Discover. SL was 1,200, got one decent CLI to 2K and then started requesting a CLI every month. Have only gotten two CLI for 300 bucks each in the past 8 months. Current limit after a full year of having the card is only 2,600 and I'm running at least 1K through the card every month. TU score of 765. 

Message 64 of 460
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

I’ve been stuck at $12,000 for 7 months now I think? Last credit score from Disco was a 758 on the 17th. Routinely run $200-300 through the card a month and PIF.

Message 65 of 460
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Started with 6500 back in 2011, current limit is 29000

Message 66 of 460
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Started at $600 secured July 2017 and now its almost 13x after a couple auto-CLI's and a few SP CLI's. Disco is unique in my wallet because my highest util has been all of ~5%...

You opened that account in July or it graduated in July?  Amazing!

Message 67 of 460
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@DEcreditguy wrote:

Man, I must be doing something wrong with Discover. SL was 1,200, got one decent CLI to 2K and then started requesting a CLI every month. Have only gotten two CLI for 300 bucks each in the past 8 months. Current limit after a full year of having the card is only 2,300 and I'm running at least 1K through the card every month. TU score of 765. 

It's not you, it's them.  Their computer just shakes the Magic 8 Ball to make a random decision when it comes to SLs and CLIs.  Contrast your experience with the person with a 665 TU score that gets a $10,000 SL, or the person who uses it for utilization padding and never uses the card but gets huge CLIs every 31 or 61 days.

Message 68 of 460
DEcreditguy
New Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@DEcreditguy wrote:

Man, I must be doing something wrong with Discover. SL was 1,200, got one decent CLI to 2K and then started requesting a CLI every month. Have only gotten two CLI for 300 bucks each in the past 8 months. Current limit after a full year of having the card is only 2,300 and I'm running at least 1K through the card every month. TU score of 765. 

It's not you, it's them.  Their computer just shakes the Magic 8 Ball to make a random decision when it comes to SLs and CLIs.  Contrast your experience with the person with a 665 TU score that gets a $10,000 SL, or the person who uses it for utilization padding and never uses the card but gets huge CLIs every 31 or 61 days.

Here's hoping this month is the month they finally give me a significant bump, because now that I don't get 2% back on every purchase, this card will only be used for 5% categories unless they give me a higher limit to play with. And I'd actually like to keep using the card, they have excellent customer service. 

Message 69 of 460
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is at $29,000 at the moment and started as a $500 student card years and years and years ago!

TU is 720. 

Message 70 of 460
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.