cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats your Discover card credit limit?

tag
BCGCredit
New Contributor

Re: Whats your Discover card credit limit?

I got it Nov '17, SL $3K scores 650's.

Overstock 8.9K|VS 1.3K|Express 1K|Credit One 1.3K| Cap1 QS1 750|1st Premier 950|Cap1 Playstation 750|Target 800|PayPal 2% MC 700|Discover 6K|Nordstrom 4.8K|PayPal Credit 2K|AMEX DG 1K|

Message 91 of 460
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just joined the Discover club Dec 2017 

SL $1000

Recon via chat, an addition $250   Smiley Mad

Current Limit $1250

It's a start, just happy to finally get an approval. Hopefully Disco will show me love in the coming months and years.

Message 92 of 460
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya I came back and read this thread I am certainly on the lower side of peoples limits here and I knew my blood pressure would raise slightly lol..  No wonder why alot of people on this forum love discover and others such as myself despise them Smiley Happy. Congrats to you all the have usable CL's and to the others of us that don't we need to shoot the card and put it outs of its misery Smiley Happy

Message 93 of 460
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, CC, just think, i may have closed my Disco before i qualified for double cash backSmiley Wink. Wouldnt that just top the cakeSmiley Wink
Message 94 of 460
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, CC, just think, i may have closed my Disco before i qualified for double cash backSmiley Wink. Wouldnt that just top the cakeSmiley Wink

Holy moly, did you call in to confirm?

I don't even know when my first year cashback ends, I should secure chat and ask.  My account opened March 17, 2017 but I changed my due date which warned me it could affect my cashback match period but didn't explain by what factors.  So right now I have March 16, 2018 in my financial planning app but I assume it's related more to statements than actual calendar days...

Since I changed my due date, I didn't get a statement at all one month, so I figure they're going to give me the cashback match through 11 statements, which means I will likely lose a few days of the annual year count or so.

My statements were/will be:

1. April 23, 2017
  2. May 23, 2017
  3. June 23, 2017
  4. August 13, 2017
  5. September 13, 2017
  6. October 13, 2017
  7. November 13, 2017
  8. December 13, 2017
  9. January 13, 2018
  10. February 13, 2018
  11. March 13, 2018
  12. (possibly, but doubtful) April 13, 2018

If it ends at the 11th statement, that means I'll lose out on a whopping 4 days of double earn, but if I stuck to my original due date, my 12th statement would have been March 23, 2018 so actually 10 days of double earn.  That's 1-3% of cashback match I may miss out on, not a lot but if it's a few grand total, it adds up!

I highly doubt they'll extend it to the 12th statement in April.

Message 95 of 460
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

@ohjoy wrote:

@$200 Secure Nov 2016 (~ 560 TU) graduated to unsecured @ 7 mos.

@Anonymous CLI @ 1 year to $1200 (755TU)

planning to hit the luv button tomorrow to see what happens.

Meanwhile, opened a 2nd IT card a month ago $1000 SL (760 TU)

I hope Disco treats me well with CLI's.  I was salty about the $1K SL and put both cards in time out because of it. 

Edited to add: Util 1-2%

So, I tried to cli on the card with $1200 limit (former secured).  Declined. Smiley Surprised That does it. Both cards are officially SD.  Smiley Mad  I don't think this card will grow because of the former status. #whatever #theyhateme

Starting Score (May 2017): 584 TU
Current Scores: 752 TU, 717 EQ, 750 EX

Goal Score: 820+

Message 96 of 460
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder what the highest CL is of a card that was once secured!

Message 97 of 460
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@ohjoy wrote:

@ohjoy wrote:

@$200 Secure Nov 2016 (~ 560 TU) graduated to unsecured @ 7 mos.

@Anonymous CLI @ 1 year to $1200 (755TU)

planning to hit the luv button tomorrow to see what happens.

Meanwhile, opened a 2nd IT card a month ago $1000 SL (760 TU)

I hope Disco treats me well with CLI's.  I was salty about the $1K SL and put both cards in time out because of it. 

Edited to add: Util 1-2%

So, I tried to cli on the card with $1200 limit (former secured).  Declined. Smiley Surprised That does it. Both cards are officially SD.  Smiley Mad  I don't think this card will grow because of the former status. #whatever #theyhateme

Cancel and move on... Many better cards out there for your score IMO.  If you still want the card apply for the unsecured card down the line and get a much better SL.

Message 98 of 460
Anonymous
Not applicable

SL $11,000

I've only had the card since July and haven't received any auto CLIs or hit the luv button yet.

Current TU Fico is 726 and I normally pif each month, but currently have about 7% utilization.

Message 99 of 460
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data points visual chart based on posts up to this one.  I didn't use anyone who didn't include a TU FICO, or anyone who made TU generalizations like "over 700" or "650-700" or whatever.

No real trend is visible at all, but the "trend line" does offer some insights with a bunch of outliers.

discover credit limit vs fico 08 12-11-17.png

We would need 200 more data points (including past TU/credit limit data) to get more chart information.

Plus some folks in rebuilding mode -- there are only two data points < 720 and one of them is at 711.

Message 100 of 460
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.