cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats your Discover card credit limit?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Whats your Discover card credit limit?

Lol, i find it interesting this thread is becoming more popular than the actual unofficial Discover cli thread in apps haha. Not quite but its getting thereSmiley Wink.
Message 111 of 460
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, i find it interesting this thread is becoming more popular than the actual unofficial Discover cli thread in apps haha. Not quite but its getting thereSmiley Wink.

Personally, I'm still trying to figure out what happened to the incredible disappearing luv-button $300 CLI that I got on Sunday but vanished when my account updated with my $900 auto-CLI from $3.6k to $4.5k.

Message 112 of 460
barbaralee
Established Contributor

I have two Discover cards, one I got in 2014 that is at a 7400 limit, and one I got a couple of weeks ago that is at a 7800 limit. My husband got his Discover card in 2013 and his limit is 20k.
My first Discover card started with a 1500 limit and I took advantage of the Discover glitch about a year or two ago when the system was allowing you to go in and request a cli every two weeks. I did it for mine and my husband's card. With my card they gave me baby increases ($3-500) and his were more considerable ($1-3k increases, iirc). Recently I have requested an increase every 3-4 months, and they have been pretty good about granting it.
Message 113 of 460
Anonymous
Not applicable

My limit has come a long way since Aug 2016 when I opened this as my very first card. 

My score hovers between 730-750
My limit has gone from $1000>$2100>$4600>$5600>$9200 (Just asked yesterday and got that $3700 jump)

Discover has been very liberal with CLI's for me

Message 114 of 460
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of mine were requested, minus one. I've had 4 CLI's overall. It is a soft pull every time, so there's no pain in asking

wrote:
Where your CLI automatic or did you request it?

Message 115 of 460
arkane
Established Contributor

$2500 with an 802 TU lol

Discover doesn't like transactors (they even admit as much), so I'm using it just for the 5% and nothing else for now. If and when they treat me better I may give them more business. 

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 116 of 460
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

Started at 1K and now just a little over a year it's at 7K

As of 11/28/2018
Message 117 of 460
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hahaha! Smiley Very Happy

They are in the dog house with me as well and yes I saw the article as well where they said they don't get the hype around transactors and will continue to focus on people who carry balances #Favortism The only thing they give me is permanent APR reductions ; and by the time they get done with my account my APR will be laughable in a good way.

I have a $5,000 CL (my lowest limit by a lot) with them and refuse to use them until they can at least match/compete with my other cards who blow them and their orange dot out the water Smiley Wink

wrote:

$2500 with an 802 TU lol

Discover doesn't like transactors (they even admit as much), so I'm using it just for the 5% and nothing else for now. If and when they treat me better I may give them more business. 

Message 118 of 460
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

Card holder since 2012. $37,500.

Message 119 of 460
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU: 701

CL: $10,400

Message 120 of 460
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.