• Citi ?? (my unicorn + I was a AU on a citi card since I was 16). | Want

Message 31 of 51
Frequent Contributor

Re: Whats your combo?

My signature with the following additions

- Penfed Cash Rewards Visa
- U.S. Bank Cash +
- Chase Freedom
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
W.M. TU-781(Jan/15) Citi EQ-782(Dec/14) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 32 of 51
Frequent Contributor

I'll play. My preferred lineup:

Discover It (5% categories, notably fuel and restaurants)

AmEx BCP/E (6%/3% groceries, 3%/2% fuel when not 'in season' with 5% categories)
Chase Freedom (5% categories, notably fuel and restaurants)

Chase Sapphire Preferred (2% Travel, 2% Dining when not 'in season' with 5% categories)

I will pick up the Freedom and BCP early-mid next year, as I have no real reason for them right now due to my work situation (plus I expect a nice score bump over the next couple of months), and anything picked up after that will be strictly for signup bonuses.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 33 of 51
New Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe

Can you share what number you called and your convo with Cap1 to get your limit increased? I have the same card that started at $500 and is currently sitting at $1,000. I was contemplating getting rid of it b/c I never really expected the card ever get a large limit since Orchard told me it was a card to help people build credit, but if I can get to where you are, I'd be happy to keep it! Thanks in advance!

Message 34 of 51
Established Contributor

I use two cards in heavy rotation: BOA 123 Cash Rewards Visa and Discover it. I also have a Walmart Discover which I use about once a month to keep it active (and use sparingly otherwise because the rewards are terrible) and a no-rewards, no-fee Cap One Platinum that I keep hanging around for AAoA. I don't really need more credit at this time and I don't spend enough to make something like CSP cost effective.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 35 of 51
Established Contributor

lithium78 wrote:
I use two cards in heavy rotation: BOA 123 Cash Rewards Visa and Discover it. I also have a Walmart Discover which I use about once a month to keep it active (and use sparingly otherwise because the rewards are terrible) and a no-rewards, no-fee Cap One Platinum that I keep hanging around for AAoA. I don't really need more credit at this time and I don't spend enough to make something like CSP cost effective.

Nice combo ... i just have the urge to have 1 type of each card .... im still debating to cut the Sapphire out my wallet totally because its a what if card... i dont dine in restaurants often or travel often to put it to frequent use so i would say any other rewrads card could handle either of those since i dont do them that often to lower my overall card wallet after that i just want one of each type of card.... Amex, Discover, Visa, Visa Signature and Mastercard the Mastercard i have already its the QuickSilverOne but i think i would want to talk to Cap1 about getting it w/o an AF...Because i prefer to have the MC but i dont want to be stuck with the annual fee forever...

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 516 EQ, 517 TU, 483 EX -- Discharged (5/31/17) - 538 EQ 501 TU 559 EX
PenFed CLOC $500 - NFCU nRewards $2k - Merrick $800 - CreditOne $700 - VS $250 - Overstock $250 - KingSize $250 - Macys $5.8K (AU) - AmEx $1k (AU)
Message 36 of 51
Regular Contributor

My combo is similar to OPs.  It's in my signature.

AMEX True Earnings (14k) || Discover IT (10k) || Chase Sapphire Preferred (6k) || Chase Freedom (6k) || Citi ThankYou Preferred (6.3k) || GE CareCredit (4.9k) || Citi Double Cash (4.9k) || Sallie Mae (4k) || Best Buy (2k) || AMEX Blue Cash Everyday (2k) || Target REDcard (1.5k)
Message 37 of 51
Valued Contributor

WJL wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe

Can you share what number you called and your convo with Cap1 to get your limit increased? I have the same card that started at $500 and is currently sitting at $1,000. I was contemplating getting rid of it b/c I never really expected the card ever get a large limit since Orchard told me it was a card to help people build credit, but if I can get to where you are, I'd be happy to keep it! Thanks in advance!

I actually didn't call any number, but e-mailed the CEO of Cap One. I'll PM you the e-mail address, since it is not to be posted publicly in the forums! And I'd be happy to PM you a sample e-mail as well!

Also, if you happen to have a Facebook, you can also message them with the same information! The social media team are very efficient and quick to escalating your concerns! Good luck!

Quicksilver WMC $20k | JCPenney Platinum $10k | Drive for Five $800 | Freedom VS $5k | TD Cash VS $5k | CFU VS $14.8k | Blue Sky $13.7k | IT $28k | SavingStar $14.8k | BCE $11.3k | Macy's AMEX $7.2k | BuyPower WEMC $7.5k | CSR VI $13.3k | Diamond Preferred $6.5k FICOS: EX 775 EQ 764 TU 759 VantageScore 3.0: EX 759 EQ 757 TU 762
Message 38 of 51
Super Contributor

Here's what I use.

1.  SPG - all domestic non-bonus spending.

2.  JPM Ritz - all Ritz, personal airline, and forex spending.

3.  Sapphire - all dining, except abroad where I'll use the Ritz or HSBC Premier.

4.  Ink Plus - all cellphone, gas, and business travel.

5.  BCP - Groceries and GCs (some for charity auctions, buy for friends & associates, and personal use).

6.  Blue for Business - all non-bonus business spending.

7.  Amex Bus Platinum - for benefits and some oversees vendors.

That's about it.  Wish I could boil it down to just 4.

I have other cards which are remnants of a sign up bonus of some kind, e.g., Discover, US Cash+, and Barclay cards.  These cards get very little use, if any at all.  For shopdiscover, I use my SPG.  For US Bank Cash+, just PC'ed from Flexperks.  And, the Barclays are all sign-up bonuses, which I'll purge once the 6 month clawback period has passed.  It sounds great in theory to use the 5% cash cards, but I never use them.  For simplicity's sake, I just may end up closing all the cash cards.

Since I CreditScholar observed some good value redemptions in SE Asia, I may add some Hilton cards, in which case I'd probably cancel the BCP.  

Message 39 of 51
Valued Member

Chase Freedom: 5% on rotations and 10 + 10 on other purchases.

Chase CSP: Dining/Travel

AMEX BCP: 6% back on Groceries, and 3% on gas when Freedom isn't in season

All I need to complete the set is a hotel card. Though I plan to get that at a much later date.

Current Cards:
AMEX Blue Cash Preferred (5/2013): CL - $9,900
Chase Sapphire Preferred (7/2013): CL - $8,700
Chase Freedom (8/2012): CL - $7,000
Chase Freedom (7/2007): CL - $1,300
US Bank Cash+ (04/2015): CL - $5,000
Message 40 of 51