Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats your everyday card?

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Whats your everyday card?

I use SPG and Penfed Cash Rewards as my everyday cards. Penfed primarily for gas and SPG for everything else.
Message 31 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

My options are extremely limited right now because I'm in the rebuilding phase, but 99% of my spend goes on my Discover and I only use my Cap One card about once a month (it'll probably be less once Discover is available for Apple Pay).

I still earn 2.5% back on average every month, so I feel I'm doing pretty good right now.  I'd rather earn rewards than not and I'd rather deal with Discover's customer service if something goes wrong.

Message 32 of 78
SMDLiquid
Regular Contributor

Wife & I use the combo of the Freedom + CSP & Amex EDP for our daily purchase. Dont have one everyday card 

Chase Freedom | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred AU | Amex EDP AU | Amex SPG | Citi Prestige | Citi AAdvantage Executive | AAdvantage Aviator Red |

FICO: Experian 821 | TransUnion 825 | Equifax 830 | Last App: 08/28/2017
Message 33 of 78
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I only have two rewards cards so it isn't hard for me to pick my everyday card. I use the QS1 for everything except dining lately, because it is one of the 5% categories with Discover right now. The Cap One platinum has only been used one time since I got it. Man that one was a waste of 3 HPs. I wish I could go back in time and not app for that one.

Means youve outgrown it. just go to cap one and tell them to upgrade you. its that simple. maybe as well earn your money on it.

Message 34 of 78
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

Citi Double Cash WMC.

Message 35 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Amex Blue Cash Everyday has generally been my main since I got it, I put the most spend through that one. Mostly because I like the card, it offers nice rewards, Amex is cool, etc. But they have been my highest CL since I got it, and still have 0% APR until next year, so I like to support it. The rest I just trade off on, Discover & Freedom mainly in their categories.

Also, I have my phone bill & car insurance on my WF card, just because it's my oldest line and was what I had at the time. Their cell phone coverage definitely makes that worthwhile to keep with them, although I suspect I'll move the car insurance to something else at some point.

Once I get the Citi Double Cash and Cap1 Quicksilver I suspect those two will get a lot more usage for things that don't fit into other categories.

Message 36 of 78
EdMan63
Established Contributor

Chase Freedom. 

Message 37 of 78
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Pitt570 wrote:

so is it normal to use my csp as a everday card??

Depends on

a) how much you value UR.   If you value them at 2+c per UR (as many do) it makes sense 

b) what other cards you have.   If you have a card with a 5% category, using that on category spend is probably better than 1UR, but only if you care enough!

Message 38 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Groceries: Amex BCP

Gas: Sallie

Restaurants: Freedom

Online shopping (at Saks, Macy's, etc): Discover for the 15%, 10% cash back

Amazon: Sallie

Everything w/o a category: Citi DC

The others either have a monthly small automatic charge or get rotated to make sure they're not inactive for more than three months. 

Message 39 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gas/walmart/target: Sallie Mae 5%
Restaurants: Freedom while in 5%/after that CSP for 2%
Everything else: cap one 1.5%
Message 40 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.