Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Whee! Got my Amex to report with a Zero Balance for First time

Super excited, this is the first time since I've gotten the card that I've been able to PIF, and actually pay extra before the statement cut.

Last time I came close, I had a $4 charge which had been "pending"  so my balance reported as $4

The way I did it was by paying in full all charges on 8/3/12, statement cuts on 8/8/12

I told my husband to use cash only for 4 days, I started using my Amazon Visa, which I carry as back up.

I Paid again in full on 8/6/12, which was only like $82 dollars.  I also pushed a payment from NFCU for $250.  After these payments hit, I had a Credit Balance of $86. 

When the statement closed, I had a credit balance of $23 dollars.

I'm so happy :smileyvery-happy:

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
gettnthere

Re: Whee! Got my Amex to report with a Zero Balance for First time

[ Edited ]

AWESOME:smileywink:   i acutally had the same little situation with my AMEX, it had reported a $104 balance even though i had just paid $1,544 for the entire balance...or so i thought lol. i just didnt account for the PENDING $104 charges to get reported. so this month i had to do like you and use a diffrent card until the statement cut to make SURE the darn card reported a zero balance.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
Contributor
mmmmmm

I didn't believe charge cards like the Zync counted in your utility / accounts with a balance.  Am I missing something or are you referring to a different AMEX card that isn't included in your sig?

Established Contributor
gettnthere

mmmmmm wrote:

I didn't believe charge cards like the Zync counted in your utility / accounts with a balance.  Am I missing something or are you referring to a different AMEX card that isn't included in your sig?

you are correct, they don't count in utilization, however, they do show up as an account with a balance. my goal was to just get the card to report a 0 balance

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Yep, it was a personal goal of mine just to get it to report zero!

Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?

Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

webhopper wrote:

Super excited, this is the first time since I've gotten the card that I've been able to PIF, and actually pay extra before the statement cut.

Last time I came close, I had a $4 charge which had been "pending"  so my balance reported as $4

The way I did it was by paying in full all charges on 8/3/12, statement cuts on 8/8/12

I told my husband to use cash only for 4 days, I started using my Amazon Visa, which I carry as back up.

I Paid again in full on 8/6/12, which was only like $82 dollars.  I also pushed a payment from NFCU for $250.  After these payments hit, I had a Credit Balance of $86. 

When the statement closed, I had a credit balance of $23 dollars.

I'm so happy :smileyvery-happy:

strange this month i am doing the oposite, here sitting waiting for my statement to cut so it will post a high balance,  got my Credit Reports last week and saw that my AMEX Zync is reporting a high balance of $24 which looks like i rarely use it because I always pay before the statement cuts except for the first one where I had a $24 balance. So this month I am waiting for it to report $402 then will pay it off the same day. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Zync NPSL, Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Haha we did that with the june statement, it reported a high balance of 5782. That was a high spend month for us, due to weddng and honeymoon, so I went ahead and let it report.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}