Established Contributor
RushXTC

Re: When Did You Finally Stop Chasing Credit Approval?

When I reached 20 cards... lol

Nah, When I was approved for American Express. It was a huge achievement for me, However it took me nearly 3 years to get to this point!

I probably won't apply for anymore credit cards/store cards unless something catches my eye, But this won't be for a while as I'm in the garden trying to age my history and drop those inquiries.

ManiacGamers.comManiacGamers.comManiacGamers.comManiacGamers.comManiacGamers.comManiacGamers.com****$20,000**********$5,000***********$4,100***********$3,500**********$2,500***********$1,000****
EQ - 688 (10/9/13) | TU - 705 (02/18/14) | EX - 701 (10/9/13) | CS Fako - 717 (10/4/13) | CK Fako - 697 (11/05/13)
Frequent Contributor
racer-x

I think I'm done with obtaining more credit.  One year ago, I had a $500 Cap One card, $750 reserve LOC at US Bank, and a motorcycle loan with HSBC/Cap One.  Since then, I've obtained about 12 new CC accounts with a total  CL over $90k,  financed a new Harley Davidson, and financed 2 used vehicles.  Utilization currently 10% and going down...I carry balances on 3 CC accounts.

I did all that in preparation to buy a house in the summer of next year.  I don't see the need for more credit.  My cards are ok....I'm not somebody that chases rewards so much.  Just nice limits are good for me.

I went a good 10yrs living modestly and with practically no credit...life changes, a job change and personal changes, did the trick.

Starting Score 9/12: EQ 645 TU 641 EX 651
Current Score5/13: myFico EQ 729 DicoverTU 710 myFico EX 734
Goal Score: 750

AMEX PRG,AMEX BCP-$15.1k,US Bank PLOC-$15K,CSP-$15k,Freedom-$6k,CapOneVisa-$15k,US Bank Visa-$10k, DCU Visa-$10k,Paypal MC-$15k,USAA MC-$12k,Lowes-$8600,CapOne Visa-$10k,Discover IT-$12.9K,BoA Visa-$10.1K Walmart -$4k,GECU Visa-$3500, US RLOC-$750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Credit-hoarder

I've put a "cap" of 12 cards max. on myself and currently have 8. I'll  hopefully stop when I have: Macy's AMEX (I currently have Macy's store card), 1 Citi Visa/MC, 1 Chase Visa/MC, and EITHER an AMEX revolver OR one of Capital One's upper tier cards.

Established Member
bmwatts0386

if i dont get the invite to centurion...then ill never be finished :smileyhappy:

AMEX PRG, AMEX Platinum, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG, BofA Cash Rewards Visa Signature, PenFed Gold, Discover IT, Citi Thankyou Preferred, Citi Diamond Preferred, Dell DFS, Barclays Apple Financing Visa

Less than 2% utilization
Valued Member
CCspoiledbrat1

:robottongue:  Not settled yet, I'll stop once when I acquire a Citi Card with Travel Rewards(though I have a Shell Gas Card) , a real Amex, Chase and Discover cards. Until then clear a path--------------Hard Work and Dedication with a little Malcom X (by any means necessary)

updated IN THE GARDEN UNTIL: 8/14/14
Cap1$500 |Express$900 |BILLMELATER$500|Shell$200
MarathonGas$200 |NFCUCshRwrdsVisa$2.5K |NFCUGoRwrdsMC$5K
AmazonStore$1.2K |AmazonRewardsVisa$500 |DiscoverIT$500
BUCKLE$500/MACYS CLOSED
09Lexie

DBB
DBB

For those of you who have moved clearly into the prime world, how long did it take before you:

1. Settled down with the credit cards you have and stopped chasing after credit 

My senior year in college when I actually took an interest in learning about credit.  PC'd BOA Student Platinum Plus to Privileges Cash Rewards and applied for the AMEX Platinum. These are the only two personal cards I ever see myself having, unless I can replace the Platinum with a Centurion one day. 

2. Started receiving pre-approval offers for prime cards?

Roughly after a year of credit history. 

NPSL$20,000
Established Contributor
toppers555

Interesting question.

DBB wrote:

For those of you who have moved clearly into the prime world, how long did it take before you:

1. Settled down with the credit cards you have and stopped chasing after credit 

My senior year in college when I actually took an interest in learning about credit.  PC'd BOA Student Platinum Plus to Privileges Cash Rewards and applied for the AMEX Platinum. These are the only two personal cards I ever see myself having, unless I can replace the Platinum with a Centurion one day. 

2. Started receiving pre-approval offers for prime cards?

Roughly after a year of credit history. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Established Contributor
eddie84

[ Edited ]

Never!   I'm after the elusive Amex Black & JP Morgan Palladium card so...  :smileyvery-happy:

j/k  I don't think I'll ever be able to get either one since my spending/income isn't high enough. lol :smileyembarrassed:

7/13/14 EQ 754 | AmEx Platinum NPSL | Discover it $11k | BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $7k | Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage WMC $10k | Barclaycard Arrival+ WMC $9.7k | Jared/Kay $5.1k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5k | BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $5k | DFS $5k | PayPal SC $5k | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4.7k | BofA Better Balance Rewards MC $7k | Chase Freedom Visa $4k | Zales $5k | US Bank Visa Platinum $3k | Bloomingdale's $3k | Macy's $1.2k | Amex Delta SkyMiles $1k | Chase Amazon $800
Frequent Contributor
Networth

800+ and 4-5 "ultimate" cards for my spending pattern and I'm set. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - BankAmericard Travel Rewards - Walmart - Macy's

Walmart TU 823 (Most Recent) EX 807 EQ 810

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+