Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Do Lenders Report?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

When Do Lenders Report?

I was just viewing my Credit Karma. My JCP statement closes on the 2nd. I close to paid it off on the 4th. The balance on the 2nd was showing last week and now the new lower balance is being reported.  I thought they all report the statement balance a few days after the statement closes and that is it until the next month.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: When Do Lenders Report?

They can be pretty random sometimes. At least it worked out in your 4avor this time.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 6
masscredit
Valued Contributor

True. But I plan my purchases/card use based on when cards close/report. So a card that closed on the 30th is getting use the beginning of the month and then I'll start using one after another one closes on the 14th.  Then I pay accordingly to lower utilization even more when I'm either going to app for new credit or request a CLI.  

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 3 of 6
Dustink
Valued Contributor

You would have to call up the bank to **bleep** it over time on your own. Even that is hard, because pending transactions can throw off you figuring it out.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 6
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

When I **bleep** called AMEX to ask about when they **bleep** report **bleep** to the **bleep** credit bureaus, they told me they didn't know and if they did know, they couldn't tell me for security purposes. **bleep**, I was able to get them to tell me they report around the **bleep** (4th) to sixth (6th). I think this is true **bleep** my CSP also as my statement closes on the seventh (7th).

**bleeps** were added for effect....sorry, but I **bleep** with all the hoopla about them, I should see a few myself Smiley LOL

Started out with a 648 EQ in 2018, finally got to 850 FS8 TU | 836 FSU EX in November 2021!
Message 5 of 6
Dustink
Valued Contributor

That sounds about right for Chase.

US Bank also told me they report a few days before the statement date.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.