Regular Contributor
Chaos122

When Does Amex Report to CB's

I was just wondaring how long does it typically take for a new amex account to report to the credit agency's.  I got a new card 3 months ago and it still hasnt showed up.. I dont think my last amex took this long to report, but that was 2 years ago.

Thanks

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 755 Eq 746, Ex 770(psecu)
Goal Score: 780 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
DI

Re: When Does Amex Report to CB's

Chaos122 wrote:

I was just wondaring how long does it typically take for a new amex account to report to the credit agency's.  I got a new card 3 months ago and it still hasnt showed up.. I dont think my last amex took this long to report, but that was 2 years ago.

Thanks

Normally they report after the first closing date. 

Regular Contributor
Smerri1029

Amex can take up to two billing cycles to post to the CBs

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Chase Freedom
What's In My Sock Drawer: American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Card, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi AA AmEx, Chase United Mileage Plus Explorer Card, Barclays US Air, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, Citi Dividend Platinum Select, LEM FCU Visa, SME FCU Visa
Blogger
HiLine

3 days after the first statement cut, my Amex account was reported. 

Valued Contributor
nicholasyud

you should see it as statemnet closing cycle day. Usually 4 5 days after its closed.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 9k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 3.4k|Cap: 3.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 5k| Pen:4.5k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+