cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Is The Cap1 to Citibank Cutover For Best Buy Effective??

tag
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Re: When Is The Cap1 to Citibank Cutover For Best Buy Effective??

Thats weird I applied last week and got approved my scores are pretty low .I got the bb master card hopefully it will help me get a foot in the door when citi takes over.
Message 11 of 15
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

That's odd. I apped for the Best Buy card a week after you and was instantly approved for $2500. I ended up getting the store card in the mail with no AF (Program A). The credit score that was mailed to me was a 679 so I'm not sure why you weren't approved with a 711. Perhaps you have a short revolving credit history? I have almost 4 years of revolving history. How was your UTIL as time of app? Mines wasn't that great but I had one card with a zero balance. I also had 7 inquiries.

I spent $3000 on a Denon Home theater system along with 55" and 39" LCD TVs for the new home I just purchased. I put $700 on debit card and the remaining on the BB card. I have 24 months of 0% APR on this purchase.

Honestly, I wouldn't have bought it if I had to throw so much cash into it. I have the cash in savings for the purchase but I had only planned on spending $700 cash upfront. I thought the price would be around $1500 but the added equipment and installation really hiked the price up.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 12 of 15
kibarrow
Established Member

Was your approved card under Citi, or still indicating Cap One?
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC/
Message 13 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The current BB CC program is still managed by Capital One.  The effective Citi acquisition of the BB CC portfolio is expected during 3Q13, subject to the sale of loans to Citi and the early termination of the BB partnership with Capital One.

Message 14 of 15
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Best Buy doesnt seem to like me also....I applied a few days ago online and came back with "unable to approve my application at this time because for not able to positively verify my identity"...third time i try for this card in the past 1.5 years and a no go. Maybe i will try when they are transfered with to Citi.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.