cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Should I get my Free Credit Report?

tag
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: When Should I get my Free Credit Report?

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Citi Forward doesn't offer the 5X categories anymore. It's just 1X, and an X is worth less than a cent.

Best Fast Food card is the US Bank Cash+, Best Amazon.com card is either US Bank Cash+ or the Sallie Mae World MasterCard.

You wouldn't qualify for the Cash+, but the Sallie Mae is fairly easy to obtain. But wait until you have at least 6-12 months of credit card history. Do you have a job with good income?

https://www.salliemae.com/landing/WorldCreditCard/

+1 It's great that you've been getting good use out of your Discover but I strongly suggest that you at least wait until you have built up 6 months of history with a card for maximum chances at approval. Of course, income will also determine chances for approval. If you have a decent income, you may have a better chance at approval for one more card. 

Also, because it sounds like you're not familiar with what it means when one pulls their own credit report - you pulling your own credit report has absolutely no bearing on whether you'd be approved for a card or not. Some people sometimes think that it counts as an INQ and hurts them - that is NOT true. Just as a FYI. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 11 of 13
elegia
New Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Citi Forward doesn't offer the 5X categories anymore. It's just 1X, and an X is worth less than a cent.

Best Fast Food card is the US Bank Cash+, Best Amazon.com card is either US Bank Cash+ or the Sallie Mae World MasterCard.

You wouldn't qualify for the Cash+, but the Sallie Mae is fairly easy to obtain. But wait until you have at least 6-12 months of credit card history. Do you have a job with good income?

My Citi Forward has the 5x categories.

Message 12 of 13
Jungook
Regular Contributor

@parakleet wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

+1 It's great that you've been getting good use out of your Discover but I strongly suggest that you at least wait until you have built up 6 months of history with a card for maximum chances at approval. Of course, income will also determine chances for approval. If you have a decent income, you may have a better chance at approval for one more card. 

Also, because it sounds like you're not familiar with what it means when one pulls their own credit report - you pulling your own credit report has absolutely no bearing on whether you'd be approved for a card or not. Some people sometimes think that it counts as an INQ and hurts them - that is NOT true. Just as a FYI. 

I was just wondering whether to pull my credit report so I knew what exactly was on my credit report and then use that information to apply for cards.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.