cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Target will listen to the consumers?

tag
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Re: When Target will listen to the consumers?

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Yeah, except that C1 will increase a line if you go through the EO ;-) lol...
I think if you have a solid payment history as I did in Cap One's case(5 years, no lates or over limits) and one year of the same with TNB, that should be enough of an indicator of low risk...
But I do get it. I also think that Cap One's business model isn't to limit risk, but to increase Revenue Per Account. The more low limit accounts they can pump out with fees/high rates... The more profitable they are. Idk about Target/TD though. No experience with them lol

+++++1

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 21 of 33
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

But I do get it. I also think that Cap One's business model isn't to limit risk, but to increase Revenue Per Account. The more low limit accounts they can pump out with fees/high rates... The more profitable they are. Idk about Target/TD though. No experience with them lol

Whatever their ultimate model is, it's working. They are gobbling up competitors like Joey Chestnut at a Nathan's Hog Dog eating contest Smiley Very Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 22 of 33
boomersooner02000
Valued Member

I've gotten 2 increases on the card. One in Dec '12 and the most recent one earlier this month.

Message 23 of 33
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCrusader wrote:

Whatever their ultimate model is, it's working. They are gobbling up competitors like Joey Chestnut at a Nathan's Hog Dog eating contest Smiley Very Happy

+1

Ultimately it's TD Bank's decision on how they want to manage their lending portfolio based on TARGET's growth direction.  I'm fairly certain that they have quite a modest base of accountholders who are very profitable, low risk with decent to moderate limits.

My TARGET Visa survived the 2008 economic meltdown with no CLD, closure, or anything adverse.  In fact, under the new TD Bank, the limit was increased by $500 last month ($5,500)... so they are aware of their customer base.

Message 24 of 33
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

+1

Ultimately it's TD Bank's decision on how they want to manage their lending portfolio based on TARGET's growth direction.  I'm fairly certain that they have quite a modest base of accountholders who are very profitable, low risk with decent to moderate limits.

My TARGET Visa survived the 2008 economic meltdown with no CLD, closure, or anything adverse.  In fact, under the new TD Bank, the limit was increased by $500 last month ($5,500)... so they are aware of their customer base.

Thats a very nice bump! If TD decides to be more generous on initial limits and future CLI it may be one of the cards i may look into down the road. Like Target very much and shop there quite often.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 25 of 33
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@dodgerslv wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

+1

Thats a very nice bump! If TD decides to be more generous on initial limits and future CLI it may be one of the cards i may look into down the road. Like Target very much and shop there quite often.

I wasn't even aware of it until I logged online to check my balance to PIF.  More often than not, it appears to be a hit or miss with how they evaluate their CLIs - which could also vary from those who still have their Visas versus those who carry the standard REDcard.  However, I have seen other folks get auto-CLIs on their REDcards recently so it is happening, maybe just not as frequently.

Message 26 of 33
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Capital One stock is up substantially too!!
Yeah, Target has a nice selection of organic produce :-)
I also remember every time I would call to harass them about my low limit, they woul send me an extra 10% off coupon to add to my already 5% included with the card. Lol

What's the APR on the Visa? Like...23%?

Store bankcards are pretty useless anywho as they come with such HIGH aprs!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 27 of 33
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Capital One stock is up substantially too!!
Yeah, Target has a nice selection of organic produce :-)
I also remember every time I would call to harass them about my low limit, they woul send me an extra 10% off coupon to add to my already 5% included with the card. Lol

What's the APR on the Visa? Like...23%?

Store bankcards are pretty useless anywho as they come with such HIGH aprs!

Nope - the current APR on my Target Visa is 14.74%.  Really a non-factor since I PIF and most individuals who originally got the TARGET Visa (mine is from 2001) were given decent/competitive APRs during that period when it was offered.  So for a co-branded card from back in the day, not bad.  Try comparing that to your GECRB co-branded line up.

Message 28 of 33
teddybearkelli1
Contributor

I have no issues with their CLI's either. I started at $600 in late 2011 and have had 3 auto CLI's to $2,000. I usually use the card heavily on Black Friday and lightly 2 times per year - but almost always pay in full. Not sure what they base their auto cli's on, but like I said they have been quite generous with me (in terms of Target CLI's anyway). I will say that they never "announce" the increase, I just happen to notice it on the website or statement.

FICO scores: 790 (EQ) 786 (EX) 796 (TU) |
My Wallet:NFCU CR Visa 24k, AMEX Delta Gd 18k, Walmart Discvr 12k, USAA Plat RA MC 13k, BECU Visa 13k, NFCU NR MC 10k, Sams Discvr 10k, Sportsmans Visa 11.5k, WF Plat Visa 10k, Paypal Extra MC 10k, BofA Fraternity MC 14k, Sams Credit 10k, USAA World MC 9k, Military Star 8.2k |BOA CR 8k |AMEX Evrdy 8k |Lowes 7.3k | Chase Military Star MC 16k, JCPenneys MC 7k, Discover IT 5k , Gymboree Visa 4.5k, Sears MC 4k, TJX MC 3.5k, ToysRUS MC 5k, Chase Amazon Visa 3k, Home Depot 3k, Citibank Simplicity 6.5k, Fred Meyers Visa 2.5k, Target 2k, Kohls 2k, ITunes Visa 5k, Macys 2k, Vystar CU Visa 5k
Message 29 of 33
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@teddybearkelli1 wrote:

I have no issues with their CLI's either. I started at $600 in late 2011 and have had 3 auto CLI's to $2,000. I usually use the card heavily on Black Friday and lightly 2 times per year - but almost always pay in full. Not sure what they base their auto cli's on, but like I said they have been quite generous with me (in terms of Target CLI's anyway). I will say that they never "announce" the increase, I just happen to notice it on the website or statement.

+1

Exactly.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.