Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Will Score Start To Drop

tag
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

When Will Score Start To Drop

Ok so most of you know my recent app sprees with a total of 6 prime cards and 3 store cards so you know about how many Inq that is. All but 3 are reporting right now and my scores have either stayed about the same or gone up a few points. I know my scores have to drop pretty good at some point right???
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: When Will Score Start To Drop

@HYPASS33 wrote:
Ok so most of you know my recent app sprees with a total of 6 prime cards and 3 store cards so you know about how many Inq that is. All but 3 are reporting right now and my scores have either stayed about the same or gone up a few points. I know my scores have to drop pretty good at some point right???

it really depends on your file. If you had a lot of old accounts to start with, the new accounts will not be a significant impact on your AAoA.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 4
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

I have 26 total accounts dating back to 2003 with 10 of those accounts really new except Cap One and its just from 2009. Maybe those other 16 closed accounts are helping but I would think the Inq should really be hurting right now as well.
Message 3 of 4
bfranklin825
Valued Member

@HYPASS33 wrote:
I have 26 total accounts dating back to 2003 with 10 of those accounts really new except Cap One and its just from 2009. Maybe those other 16 closed accounts are helping but I would think the Inq should really be hurting right now as well.

I opened around 5 accounts about a year ago and when I pulled my score a few months ago it wasn't as high as I though it should be. I've been watching/working on it for a short while now because I'm buying a house. Well, all of those cards that I got about a year ago aged to over a year last month (except one) and my score jumped 50 points the next time my report came through (have that 3 month thing with myFICO).

I didn't realize how much having NEW credit hurt your report. I would think that with multiple new cards your score would drop at least 50 like mine, or more since you got more cards than me at the same time.

I think after I close on my house I'm going to go on a spree again... I really want to get a good rewards card. All the rewards cards I have now suck.

Starting Score: 667
Current Score: 719
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.