When You App For a GE Card..

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: When You App For a GE Card..

@jsucool76 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

What do you think their best rewards card is?

I don't think GE has any rewards card. They are more like a financing CCC.

@A lot of their major versions of store cards have rewards. I think walmart discover is 1% on everything, old navy is 5pts/$1 @ old navy, 1pt/$ everywhere else. Stuff like that. They aren't like great rewards cards though. 

I have a Walmart Discover card. I didn't realize they had 1% rewards. I don't use it alot tho. Old Navy is backed by GE? No idea!!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 11 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

What do you think their best rewards card is?

I don't think GE has any rewards card. They are more like a financing CCC.

@A lot of their major versions of store cards have rewards. I think walmart discover is 1% on everything, old navy is 5pts/$1 @ old navy, 1pt/$ everywhere else. Stuff like that. They aren't like great rewards cards though. 

I have a Walmart Discover card. I didn't realize they had 1% rewards. I don't use it alot tho. Old Navy is backed by GE? No idea!!

I stand corrected. Not 1% on everything...

"Rewards apply only to net card purchases—not to balance transfers, cash advances, quick cash advances or fees and finance charges. The reward percentages will depend on your total spending during a calendar year and will be .25% on total purchases up to $1,500, .50% on total purchases from $1,500.01 to $3,000 and 1% on total purchases over $3,000. A rebate check will be issued each time you accrue $10 in rewards. All cash rewards are provided by GE Capital Retail Bank. See “How to Earn Cash Rewards” terms for details."

Message 12 of 20
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I noticed their ebay card offers 3 points per dollar on some categories. I also noticed each point is not necessarily worth 1 cent.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 13 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

I noticed their ebay card offers 3 points per dollar on some categories. I also noticed each point is not necessarily worth 1 cent.

Yeah, the Ebay MC and PayPal MC are identical, but if you app for paypal MC, they'll also check you for smart connect, I'm not sure that the ebay one does that. There was a thread about the PP/Ebay MC a while back, said that the points weren't really that great. Although, it wouldn't be a terrible card when you consider GECRB's CLI policy. 

Message 14 of 20
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Last time I apped for paypal card, it said I could only have one credit product. I had a Bill Me Later account so they counted that as my 1 and only credit product. I wonder if that is the same case with the ebay MC.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 15 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Last time I apped for paypal card, it said I could only have one credit product. I had a Bill Me Later account so they counted that as my 1 and only credit product. I wonder if that is the same case with the ebay MC.

Most likely. I didn't know BML counted as one of their credit products since, afaik, it doesn't report. 

I kind of like PPSC since I earn 1% CB on all of my purchases with it through my PP Debit card. Small limit, but I expect it will grow as it is GE. Only issue I have with it is how long it takes everything to post. Quite slow. 

Message 16 of 20
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Most likely. I didn't know BML counted as one of their credit products since, afaik, it doesn't report. 

I kind of like PPSC since I earn 1% CB on all of my purchases with it through my PP Debit card. Small limit, but I expect it will grow as it is GE. Only issue I have with it is how long it takes everything to post. Quite slow. 

BML=HP, but no reporting...kind of a bummer...but yeah, that is what they told me. Counted as my one credit line with them

What have you thought about GE customer service so far?

Message 17 of 20
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

I don't think all GE apps use an internal score. When I got approved with them 2 months ago, they sent me a letter with score of 768 I believe. They could be using the fico or vantage score.

Btw, their cards have nice perks like the walmart 1% + 15c/gal gasoline, lowes 5%, carecredit always finances minimum 1 year term no interest on whatever I charge on it. 

And just to mention, this weekend I bought a Bedroom set from Rana's Furniture with 4 years special financing with the GE card I had almost paid in full since I got it December 2011.

They are very good if you know how to treat them. Hopefully they raise my limits next year when I turn 21 Smiley Very Happy

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 18 of 20
linux007969
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

BML=HP, but no reporting...kind of a bummer...but yeah, that is what they told me. Counted as my one credit line with them

What have you thought about GE customer service so far?

I love my smart connect with pp debit card, but the customer service for smart connect was awful last time i had to place multipule calles to them and got the same answer and i said screw this S*** and i called Paypal Debit Card department and they stepped in and conferenced called me with Smart Connect so they could help me and they could see first hand the S*** they were pulling with me and me and Paypal got no where with the frontline rep from Smart Connect so i had to ask for their manager and once the manager on call came on i explained the problem once again and it was fixed after Paypal Debit Card verfied authorization number for a pending charge and the manager agreeded to release the hold on my account and the hold was released within seconds after that!

(I purchased something and the cash back balance was used for part of the purchase and instead of holding the cash back like it always does while it debits the rest from smart connect, it charged the full amount to smart connect plus the full amount minus the cash back and it caused the account to go over the limit by like $14 they were saying! It took over 3 hours of phone calling till i got this fixed right away, all the Smart connect reps were saying it will be all corrected within 2 to 3 business days while everything posts and that was just unexceptable since it was their fault so i did not give up and hicked it up the ladder sort of and got it fixed the same day i noticed the problem)

When i call customer service for my Walmart Card I always get a friendly rep willing to help me! I haven't talked to anyone in their Amazon Credit department yet so i can't speak for them.

I do love GE and I love Paypal for help making thngs right. After that happened i called Paypal back and thanked them and they said i could write the Paypal Debit Card Department and email to their supervisors thanking them for having people that care, and so i did! I did not hear back but i hope they liked that! Paypal cared about me cuz they knew they would have lost swipe fees if i closed my smart connect account along with my Paypal account as well. 

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 19 of 20
SoCalBound
Contributor

If you apply for Bill Me Later via the BML website, you can have the PayPal Smart Connect/Extras Mastercard also.  You might need a different email address to apply but I am not sure.  I also believe you can have both if you have multiple PayPal accounts and one on each

Zync NPSL, BCP ($2000), Chase United ($2000) Chase Amazon ($1500), Chase Freedom ($3000), Discover More ($2000), Paypal Extras ($5000), Citi Forward ($2000), Orchard $2000, Amazon ($5000)
Pre-App Scores: TU98 779, TU04 797, EQ 682, EX 788 (Amex) 8/12
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.