cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When app for a card? Tax lien finally fell off.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When app for a card? Tax lien finally fell off.

Just had a tax lien fall off which brought my EX score up 83 points to 719. My question is I have a couple of old closed accounts that are going to fall off in a couple months. Should I app now for a card or not? Will the older cards affect my AAoA that much?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When app for a card? Tax lien finally fell off.

@Anonymous wrote:
Just had a tax lien fall off which brought my EX score up 83 points to 719. My question is I have a couple of old closed accounts that are going to fall off in a couple months. Should I app now for a card or not? Will the older cards affect my AAoA that much?

Apply now if you plan to apply for a card that pulls EX and/or your other scores are similar. Impossible to know what effect a couple cards falling off will have on your AAoA without knowing your AAoA and number of accounts that you have.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

🤔
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just average the opening dates of your open cards, and then average in the closed cards. Unless your closed cards were in bad standing, I'd go with whichever side for which the date is older.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.