cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When applying for the same credit after being denied....

tag
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

When applying for the same credit after being denied....

I previously applied for Care Credit (right when I started building credit) back in July, and was denied. I am going to try again this week. Do you know if they typically keep your application on file? Will they see that I was denied previously, or is it a whole new app?

I don't know if being denied before and apping again affects anything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: When applying for the same credit after being denied....

Message 2 of 9
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

They may still see your previous denial but with apps that far apart, it won't affect you. 

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 3 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

+1 to what lexie and b_seeker said. They keep it on file to evaluate your behavior. But generally it won't affect you unless you been going on or trying to go on a spree with them.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 9
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

what do you mean to "evaluate my behavior?"  

I got a GE card from Amazon not too long after their denial. I hope that helps, since they're both GE.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 5 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

Getting denied once, twice, or even thrice isn't going to affect you.

After some time, even if u had a lot of denials from same lender, it won't even matter much.

They are using it to evaluate your behavior when seeking credit and risk assessment. Someone who goes app crazy or applied for credit very frequently is considered higher risk than normal.

You are fine dont worry Smiley Tongue
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 9
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Oh. ok.

Well I went on a mini app spree afterwards. I got my Amazon, Cap1, and my Discover all  in Oct/Nov. of last year. I haven't apped for anything since then, so it's been around 6 months. But I DO have around 8 inq's on my CR from all of that. I hope that isn't going to get me in trouble.  Smiley Sad  

My AAoA is the reason for the denial last time, or "lack of credit history."  I only had one student loan reporting then. I'm hoping my 3 CC's and perfect payment history will help get me approved now.

EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 7 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

You should be fine. Most lenders are pretty reasonable. Barclays and Amex might be more sensitive than the others, but they are not that unreasonable either, I think.
Message 8 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Sitori wrote:

Oh. ok.

Well I went on a mini app spree afterwards. I got my Amazon, Cap1, and my Discover all  in Oct/Nov. of last year. I haven't apped for anything since then, so it's been around 6 months. But I DO have around 8 inq's on my CR from all of that. I hope that isn't going to get me in trouble.  Smiley Sad  

My AAoA is the reason for the denial last time, or "lack of credit history."  I only had one student loan reporting then. I'm hoping my 3 CC's and perfect payment history will help get me approved now.

You should be OK for approval, good luck!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.