Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When are your payment due dates?

tag
CollegeStudent530
Regular Contributor

I was talking to a co-worker last week and he mentioned that he would always have his credit card payments on the 20th, 21st, and 22nd of each month in the same area.

I just recently changed mines to the 21st of each month. How do you manage your payments?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Re: When are your payment due dates?

I never thought about it, I have never moved my payment date from what was given to me so mine are all scattered throughout the month. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 2 of 11
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

I've moved all of mine to the 16th of the month to align with my pay cycle and budget management.

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@CollegeStudent530 wrote:

All over the place.

@CollegeStudent530 wrote:

How do you manage your payments?

Depends on a number of factors.  I either pay on due date or prior to.  Never needed to adjust due dates.

Message 4 of 11
pats23
Contributor

Scattered, usually manage by paying early and even with 9 CC and 3 loans its still way to manage because I check everything everyday religiously. Also alert reminders via text or email are nice

$4000----------- $5000------------$15000-------------$3500-------------NPSL----------$2500------------$5000----------$10000--------$5000
Message 5 of 11
lawless05
New Contributor

With about 7 cards I use mint reminder system to check before my paydays. But for the most part I make two payment a months on the 1st and 15th on card that I''m carrying a balance on. But when all my balance are down to 0 i would more then to the middle of the month.

Message 6 of 11
missjae
Established Contributor

Mine are all over the place.  I've changed a couple of due dates to align with my pay dates, but in general, I just keep a list of what needs to be paid (credit cards & otherwise) and make sure they're paid on time.  It works when I'm only using a few cards, but in the past, when I've used too many, I made late payments.  I make sure I confine my usage to a few select cards to avoid this....

Message 7 of 11
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

All are either at the beginning of the month or the middle of the month.  This works because every time I get paid and am planning on putting money in different bank accounts, I also pay my bills.  It also helps to precisly control reported utilization, if I need to, by letting me switch to cards that aren't reporting right away if I want to let the others that I just paid on the due date report a specific balance (such as $0).

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 8 of 11
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

All of mine are on the 1st.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 9 of 11
Commandolam
New Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:
All of mine are on the 1st.

Same here. This guy knows how it's done.

Age: 20 | AAoA: 1.1 Years | TU Fico: 725 | EX Fico: 719 | EQ Fico: 693
Last App: 12/09/2013
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.