cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When asked about income, do we count bonus?

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: When asked about income, do we count bonus?

@Christina_xyt wrote:

Smiley Surprised

really? but can i explain my situation? they could see the spending i put on the card is absolutely triple to the amount i made in the U.S. (which is reported and taxable).. i dont have an amex card right now, so i guess it doesn't matter too much for now..

For NRAs, I think they'll consider documentation of foreign income, but it would be country specific, I'd imagine.

Message 11 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

Smiley Surprised

really? but can i explain my situation? they could see the spending i put on the card is absolutely triple to the amount i made in the U.S. (which is reported and taxable).. i dont have an amex card right now, so i guess it doesn't matter too much for now..

For NRAs, I think they'll consider documentation of foreign income, but it would be country specific, I'd imagine.

Yes, I agree.  And I wouldn't worry about it, Financial Reviews are rare so it would probably never happen anyway.   

If you become a Perm Res, you will need to report worldwide income, one of the strangenesses of the US tax system.

Message 12 of 13
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

Smiley Surprised

Yes, I agree.  And I wouldn't worry about it, Financial Reviews are rare so it would probably never happen anyway.   

If you become a Perm Res, you will need to report worldwide income, one of the strangenesses of the US tax system.

I understand that, even i never become a PR, if i stay here for longer than 5 years.. I will become a resident alien for tax purpose.. and will have to report my foreign income.. >.< 

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.