Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can I PC from Slate to Freedom?

tag
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

When can I PC from Slate to Freedom?

I have the Chase Slate and I really don't see a benefit for it as I really don't have any need to do a BT.  I think that I would benefit more from a Freedom Unlimited.  I have only had the Slate for about 4 months so is it too early to request a change, and if it is not how should I go about it?  Any help would be great!

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When can I PC from Slate to Freedom?

I got a slate and finished my balance transfer in 10 months after opening. I called right away and just asked to switch to a freedom unlimited and they did it. Painless. 

Message 2 of 9
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

Great thank you!  was it a HP before they did the switch?

Message 3 of 9
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

You don't have to pay off your Slate to change it to the Freedom. I did that after the 0% interest ended and I still had a balance. This was just a product change--no change in the terms of the interest etc. The issue would be what interest rate did they quote you for the Slate card post 0% interest? That could be the rate you are stuck with on the Freedom card or the Freedom Unliminted. So if you assigned a high interest rate, you may want to reconsider doing the product change. But don't close the account. If you don't intend to carry a balance (really who sets out to do that?) You could even change it into a CSP or a CSR card too. I would not do that because the bonuses are too high on those cards to merely do a product change.

Message 4 of 9
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

BTW if your limit was than $5K you would not be able to do a product change into the CSP, a signature Visa--it has a minimum $5K limit to establish. You would have to do a CLI and that woudl be a hard pull. For eh CSR card, which is an Infinite Visa, I think the mimimum is $10K

Message 5 of 9
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

Thanks!!!

Message 6 of 9
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

Just an update....I called today and it was super easy to switch from the Slate right to the Freedom Unlimited.  No HP either.  Thanks for the help everyone!

Message 7 of 9
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

@diveforfun97 wrote:

Just an update....I called today and it was super easy to switch from the Slate right to the Freedom Unlimited.  No HP either.  Thanks for the help everyone!

I am so glad you got a card that you will value. BTW if you log into your account right now, you can probably see that it is already listed as the Freedom Unlimited way before you get the card. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny, I just PC'd my Slate to a Freedom Unlimited today as well! But I took a HP to try and increase my CL, which wasn't instantly approved (7-10 business days they say) so I just ended up moving a few limits around.

Congrats!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.