cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can you reapply after combining Cap1 cards?

tag
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

When can you reapply after combining Cap1 cards?

Hubby just combined his QS1 into his QS Sunday. How long does it take to 'reset' so he can apply for either another QS or one of the Venture cards? He also has a secured Platinum that he's not wanting to close right now if that makes a difference.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
washpadude
Regular Contributor

Re: When can you reapply after combining Cap1 cards?

@rmduhon wrote:
Hubby just combined his QS1 into his QS Sunday. How long does it take to 'reset' so he can apply for either another QS or one of the Venture cards? He also has a secured Platinum that he's not wanting to close right now if that makes a difference.

I combined my QS in to my Venture in August. Approved for a Venture One a few days later.

BK CH7 Discharged 03/2015
FICO8 EQ-657 TU-657 EX-665
Revolving credit lines 125k.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@washpadude wrote:

@rmduhon wrote:

I combined my QS in to my Venture in August. Approved for a Venture One a few days later.

I was thinking the same thing as I'm about to combine my Venture into my QS. I will see if I can get a cli on the Venture after statement cuts then proceed. I also was going to apply for a QS siggy or Venture 1 after the combo and then repeat the same actions 6 months from now.

Message 3 of 4
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Still hasn't 'reset'. Hubby received a prequal in the mail yesterday for a Platinum with a lower interest rate so we tried to accept it but still 'have too many account'. I figured we could PC it into a QS then combine the current one into the new one at a lower rate. Don't think he qualifies for excellent credit with them yet since he doesn't have a card that's 3+ years so a QS/Venture is out for a bit.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.