Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When chase will close your account

tag
weidaxu88
Established Member

When chase will close your account

Been doing some resarch in google that Chase close your accounts without notice you 

1. Trensfer UR points to ohters! (Most likey)

Many of them are just trensfer to their spouse and  get closed 

They suspent you are selling/buying UR points, or in fraud, money lundary,

2. Mass out your credit. and High credit risk 

looks like they did pull SP on a monthly basis ? Variety reason, too many inquire after you got the card, short history, 

3 No recent usage 

4. wihtout no reason.

5.  my friend's United plus were closed for just "change mailling address too often"  why???

I am woried about mine, only have 8 months history, too many iquiry  sice I have the United plus, and USR in both 5K CL

here comes my question:  if I use my CC in some rebates shopping site, would it be ok ??????? will they consider me as beeing some illegal transactions, or i dont know

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: When chase will close your account

How many inquiries have you had in the last 8 months? also what is your current utilization on this card?

Message 2 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I can't speak to your research but any lender may do a CLD or AA on dormant accounts, accounts that misuse the bonus or T&Cs, maxing out your cc's or taking on more debt than they deem acceptable.
Message 3 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

@weidaxu88 wrote:

Been doing some resarch in google that Chase close your accounts without notice you 

looks like they did pull SP on a monthly basis ? Variety reason, too many inquire after you got the card, short history, 

3 No recent usage 

4. wihtout no reason.

5.  my friend's United plus were closed for just "change mailling address too often"  why???

I am woried about mine, only have 8 months history, too many iquiry  sice I have the United plus, and USR in both 5K CL

here comes my question:  if I use my CC in some rebates shopping site, would it be ok ??????? will they consider me as beeing some illegal transactions, or i dont know

Banks close your account for valid reasons. Analysts and underwriters don't just show up to work on a dreadful morning and then decide to close accounts randomly at their whim.

To the points you made: 

1. I've seen people transfer points to spouses, and even domestic partners, without any issues. Based on limited info from other forums, others don't seem to have any issues with this as well. Only when you are transfering points to random people, usually people who don't even share the same household address as you and/or last name, then problems start to arise, because they think you are selling / buying UR. Amex does the same thing. Nothing surprising there.

2. Any bank does the same. Whenever a new account / inquiry is reported, Chase and Amex will do a SP on your file. Same thing when your utilization / DTI spikes.

3. If you're not using the money they're extending to you, then you obviously don't need it. Any bank will rather lend that money to someone else where they can make a profit off rather than to have it hibernate in your account. 

4. Not true. There's always a reason.

5. Most likely due to fraud prevention reasons. More importantly, why is your friend changing his address repeatedly?

And to your questions, what do you mean by rebate shopping sites? Fatwallet? Slickdeals? If so, not a problem at all. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@weidaxu88 wrote:

If you're doing research then you should include the UR terms in your research rather than relying solely on forum postings.

From the UR terms:

Transfers may only be used to combine rewards belonging to the same individual or business in the Program; or for the purpose of enabling spouses or domestic partners to combine rewards earned in their respective names.

@weidaxu88 wrote:

3 No recent usage 

Nothing unique to Chase on these, as stated above.  All creditors soft pull.  All creditor may take adverse action on risky behavior.  You might want to research credit scoring as well.  Utilization plays a significant role.  Very high utilization with minimum payments can certainly lead to credit limit decreases/balance chasing, etc.

See also:

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

Message 5 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

And the other case, all over the web, is to do with "manufactured spend" of various types.   Chase has shut people down, and zeroed their rewards,  for buying too many Chase gift cards when they had that offer, buying cash equivalents with their overly generous former AARP card, and when the Freedom had the 10 points per transaction for checking customers, people who made thousands of micro-transactions to get points.

Again, most issuers will do similar things, but the hard-core has got more aggressive, and in these cases, some people were able to get most of the cash value of their points by suing in small claims and getting a settlement offer.

Message 6 of 9
weidaxu88
Established Member

EQ 3 TU7 EX6

Message 7 of 9
hyprble
Regular Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@weidaxu88 wrote:

If you're doing research then you should include the UR terms in your research rather than relying solely on forum postings.

From the UR terms:

Transfers may only be used to combine rewards belonging to the same individual or business in the Program; or for the purpose of enabling spouses or domestic partners to combine rewards earned in their respective names.
----
I added my fiance (we've lived together for over 5 yrs) as an AU to my CSP.  Does he count as a domestic partner for the purpose of transferring (only 3-4000) of my UR points to his UA FF account?  When he lost his insurance, he qualified as my domestic partner through my employer (we checked off all the qualifications - mainly cohabiting- but did not have to sign any legal documents).  I know Chase isn't specific on what qualifies a domestic partnership - by some definitions we are, but some other definitions limit to same-sex couples.  Basically we're engaged, have cohabited for several years, are not married yet, have different last names, and both have separate Chase accounts (with bills sent to the same address).  As far as I know we're technically domestic partners but haven't signed any legal docs.  However, I just don't want to have my account closed for transferring a few points because Chase has a different definition of domestic partnership.  Am I safe to do a transfer?

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

So they SP all 3 agencies every month to make sure you arent asking for too much credit?
TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.