cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When did Citi add this catch phrase when requesting a CLI?

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: When did Citi add this catch phrase when requesting a CLI?

I was going to check it out, but reading of some experiences here where, I've changed my mind.  

Message 11 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

I was going to check it out, but reading of some experiences here where, I've changed my mind.  

I just pulled equifax directly and it shows no HP (and a SP from Citi at the end of Dec) so MAYBE they used that.   Still keeping an eye on it.   But I did get the elusive CLI on my Forward card, so that's a (tiny) win!

Message 12 of 16
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

This was pretty outrageous! I visited the Request CLI page on Citi.com yesterday, but never entered in any information and definitely never pressed submit. This morning, I get the following letter in my secure mail inbox. I will definitely be keeping an eye on my credit reports...

We can’t increase your credit limit at this time

Thanks for contacting us about an increase for your Citi Forward® Visa® account. We reviewed your request, but we can’t approve it because you’ve already received a recent increase. There must be at least six months between limit changes.

Feel free to try again at the right time

After six months have passed since your last increase, give us a call if you’d like us to consider your request again. In the meantime, remember these tips to keep your account in good shape:

• ·  Be sure to make at least the minimum payment due on your statement each month by the payment due date.

• ·  Keep your balance below your credit limit.

• ·  Make sure your credit report is accurate by requesting and

reviewing a copy of your credit report once a year.

• ·  Notify us right away if your address or phone number changes so

you don’t miss any important communications. 

I know this is the rule, but it appears to be an exception in my wife's case. She requested and recieved a CLI with a hp at 6 months back in October, 2013. Yesterday she recieved a $1400.00 increase with a SP.

They denied me. They wanted a HP for a CLI. They were denied. I don't need it but I will take it with a SP.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 13 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Yes, if you get an HP, definitely complain!

So I got the letter saying why they declined an increase on my AA card (too many recently opened accounts).  What concerns me is that they list the agency relied on for the data.   Hopefully this is just from a SP, if it is an HP, I will also complain!

So somewhat similar to snacktrader.   I applied for a CLI on my Forward and my AA card.  I got the Forward, and received a letter in the document center declining for the AA because of too many recent accounts.  Today I was browsing, and see in the document center for my Premier a similar letter, declining for too many recent accounts.   But I never even asked for a CLI on that card!

Wrote to them, saying this doesn't make me feel secure about using their site.   I will see what they say, maybe give me 1M TYP, or maybe nothing!

Message 14 of 16
enharu
Super Contributor

Please keep us posted on whether it resulted in a HP. I was going to check that section for the fun of it, but it seems like they are going to process the request once I go to that page, based on snacktrader and your experience. My utilization is really high right now, so no lender in their right mind is going to give me any sort of CLI.

I will try this sometime after the 21st next month...
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Please keep us posted on whether it resulted in a HP. I was going to check that section for the fun of it, but it seems like they are going to process the request once I go to that page, based on snacktrader and your experience. My utilization is really high right now, so no lender in their right mind is going to give me any sort of CLI.

I will try this sometime after the 21st next month...

I am told that it is user error:

We apologize that you have had difficulty using our website.

You must have inadvertently accessed your ThankYou Premier account when you were processing your credit line increase requests. We do not arbitrarily process credit increase requests without your request.

If there is any way we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us. 

Now to be fair this is what we say first to users who complain about any problems with our systems, but in this case, no, I didn't access the TY P account!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.