Frequent Contributor

When did Citi add this catch phrase when requesting a CLI?

"It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision."

New Contributor

Re: When did Citi add this catch phrase when requesting a CLI?

About a week ago. Everyone have been getting CLI'S

636 Wal-Mart TU 02/14 601 Discover TU 01/14

Starting Score: 578 TU Wal-Mart
Current Score: 672 EQ 696 TU 589 CK 652 SC 637 CS
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

Anyone know if this applies to their retail accounts as well? (Best Buy, Shell, etc.)

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $20k | JCPenney Gold $10k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $13.7k | Discover IT $10.5k | SavingStar American Express $14.8k | American Express BCE $11.3k

FICOS: EX 764 EQ 704 TU 750 VantageScore 3.0: EX 745 EQ 753 TU 753 Credit Sesame (EX) 749 Credit.com (EX) 788
Frequent Contributor

hmmm, I C........and that's good to know! I wonder if I should pull the lever on the slot machine? :smileylol:

Super Contributor

Thanks for that!  Finally got a CLI on my Forward.   But not all the cards say that.  One of my 4 says:

It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. By clicking "Continue" you understand that we will obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request. Our credit department will review your request within 24 hours.

(And this is the only one I am putting significant spend on, $20K per month).  The other three show no credit report needed.   The first gave me a CLI, the second declined, and I want to see the reason before I try the third.  THe third is also my newest card

Frequent Contributor

I still have the old message that it will pull my report :smileysad:

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Valued Contributor

Great to know!

This is the first time I checked the request CLI page since my CLI back in August or so, so maybe I should go for it soon...

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $32,000, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Chase CSP (4/14) $12,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Forward (12/12) $9,600, Chase Freedom (12/12) $5,000

Last App: April 2, 2014
Valued Contributor

I'm promised a call from Citi on Monday because according to the EO office a HP was initiated when it should have been SP. Their new form when after i added the income + rent and pressed to submit, failed several times and gave the dreaded System Error response. I been on to them before to please fix their website because Vito's is the only one of all my primes that i continually have issues with in one form or another.
I hope i get some good news Monday because they have been in touch with me 3 times since this first happened explaining they need time to see what they can do.

|

It's All In The Magic Of Your Own Destiny
Valued Contributor

This was pretty outrageous! I visited the Request CLI page on Citi.com yesterday, but never entered in any information and definitely never pressed submit. This morning, I get the following letter in my secure mail inbox. I will definitely be keeping an eye on my credit reports...

We can’t increase your credit limit at this time

Thanks for contacting us about an increase for your Citi Forward® Visa® account. We reviewed your request, but we can’t approve it because you’ve already received a recent increase. There must be at least six months between limit changes.

Feel free to try again at the right time

After six months have passed since your last increase, give us a call if you’d like us to consider your request again. In the meantime, remember these tips to keep your account in good shape:

• ·  Be sure to make at least the minimum payment due on your statement each month by the payment due date.

• ·  Keep your balance below your credit limit.

• ·  Make sure your credit report is accurate by requesting and

reviewing a copy of your credit report once a year.

• ·  Notify us right away if your address or phone number changes so

you don’t miss any important communications. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $32,000, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Chase CSP (4/14) $12,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Forward (12/12) $9,600, Chase Freedom (12/12) $5,000

Last App: April 2, 2014
Super Contributor

Yes, if you get an HP, definitely complain!

So I got the letter saying why they declined an increase on my AA card (too many recently opened accounts).  What concerns me is that they list the agency relied on for the data.   Hopefully this is just from a SP, if it is an HP, I will also complain!

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.