cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When did you get your AMEX Blue Cash?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: When did you get your AMEX Blue Cash?

@Schwartzinator wrote:

I've gotta agree, I too find the cards design aesthetically displeasing. Plastc needs to get their smart card out to market so that I can hide my BCE and the newely redesigned usbank cash+ card. 

Or use Samsung Pay (on a Samsung phone other than a Note 7!) and you need never look at the card again

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got mine in mid 2012, it was my 4th card after two Visas, and a Discover CashBack card. Scores were probably in the mid to high 600s, approved for $1k. Originally app'd for the BCE, held it for two years, using seldomly. Then upgraded to the BCP in early 2014 as part of my swicth from using a debit card as a daily driver to using rewards cards 99.99% of the time. When I started using it regualry I saw a few auto CLI's. CLI to $2k, 3mo later to $3k, then another auto to $7500. Requested a CLI in early 2015 to $15k, approved. Saw an auto CLI back in October to $20K after getting approved for the Chase SP at a much higher CL. Scores are now floating in the high 700's, low 800s.

My BCP is my daily driver, except now I use my SP fo dining/food.

Hope this helps.  

Message 22 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Got mine in mid 2012, it was my 4th card after two Visas, and a Discover CashBack card. Scores were probably in the mid to high 600s, approved for $1k. Originally app'd for the BCE, held it for two years, using seldomly. Then upgraded to the BCP in early 2014 as part of my swicth from using a debit card as a daily driver to using rewards cards 99.99% of the time. When I started using it regualry I saw a few auto CLI's. CLI to $2k, 3mo later to $3k, then another auto to $7500. Requested a CLI in early 2015 to $15k, approved. Saw an auto CLI back in October to $20K after getting approved for the Chase SP at a much higher CL. Scores are now floating in the high 700's, low 800s.

My BCP is my daily driver, except now I use my SP fo dining/food.

Hope this helps.  

I am surprised that people use BCP/BCE as a daily driver.  Outside the categories, both cards earn just 1%, and have a horrible rewards scheme (delayed by an extra month and have to be used in increments of $25).  With 2% and 1.5% cards easily available, doesn't make sense to me....

In Jodysmithavl case, using the CSP makes more sense as the points are potentially more valuable (1.25c used on the site for travel, more if transferred to partners) and in the worst case can be redeemed for cash without the increment and post at statement close.

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am surprised that people use BCP/BCE as a daily driver.  Outside the categories, both cards earn just 1%, and have a horrible rewards scheme (delayed by an extra month and have to be used in increments of $25).  With 2% and 1.5% cards easily available, doesn't make sense to me....

In Jodysmithavl case, using the CSP makes more sense as the points are potentially more valuable (1.25c used on the site for travel, more if transferred to partners) and in the worst case can be redeemed for cash without the increment and post at statement close.

@longtimelurker , thanks for the suggestion. I have actually been toying with making my CSP my daily card. I do strategically use my Discover and BOA cards where the rewards make sense. I try to not leave too much on the table ;-) . I am new to this Chase UR system and figuring things out and am learning the benefits of thier program; but I hadn't played the rewards game much until about 18mo ago when I realized what I missing out on. So I feel like I am still gettng my "sea legs". 

Not trying to hijack the poster's thread, so sorry for going off topic. 

Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

My BCE was the last card of my app "spree" back in April.  

I had just been denied Cap1 due to "too many recent inquiries" and learned that AMEX is less "inquiry sensitive" so I applied.  I think my Ex was around 717 at the time and I just got my CLI yesterday Smiley Happy

It may be helpful to use a vpn service to help you get the highest available signup bonus as well.

Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

5th card in april 2016 ex 656 at the time sl of 1000

Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got mine last week after a Sapphire reserve app. It's my 8th card and all scores before applying for the two cards where above 800.

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jan 2016 - 640 FICO

$1k CL

Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

App'd Jan 2015 and scores were all 750+

Apply when your credit profile supports it to minimize being approved for a low SL. Some people have had issues earning CLIs with low SLs. Good luck!

Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyday

8th Card

EX FICO 669

Take the plunge! IF you don't the suspense will haunt you Smiley Wink

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.