cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When did your secured Discover card graduate?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When did your secured Discover card graduate?

Just looking for data points. If you had a secured discover card when did it graduate and what was your TU score at the time? Thank you!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When did your secured Discover card graduate?

The official answer from Discover is 7 months. My seven month mark is coming up this summer, so I hope thety stick with that,

Message 2 of 16
capnsloya
Contributor

My very first credit card. Mine upgraded a little after my 7th statement cut. TU score was 720. I did open some new accounts but Discover didn't seem to mind. Just pay all your accounts on time (ALWAYS) and keep utilization low and Discover will show some love. Good luck!
Current Cards

FICO Score 8's as of February 2023

Inquiries as of February 2023
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

13 months...The score discover reports is 656.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is still secured after the 10th statement. My score has improved significantly from ~680 since the last time they sp'd my TU report, so hopefully that changes in a few weeks. 

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

8 months. 714 score via Discover's provided TU score. No CLI though, just the same as the previously secured limit ($400). They sent a check to refund the deposit.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 15th statement cuts this month ... My scores were as high as the 680s, with overall UTI between 25 and 35. My scores are now mid 600s after adding two Amex cards. I've used it sparingly, I've used it heavily and it's been sock drawered for the past few months. I've always PIF. I refuse to add to the deposit at this point.

Not sure why Discover doesn't like me at this point, but I've gotten no love. Trying to decide if I close it now or wait till after this month's statement on the 20th if it doesn't unsecure.
Message 7 of 16
itspnutbutterkellytime
Regular Contributor

Mine just unsecured at the 8th statement! My TU score was 639 Smiley Happy

FICO8 Scores as of 2022 MAY 18:

FICO Auto 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:

FICO Bankcard 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just don't get it ... my TU is right under 650, has been for months ... I'm 15 statements in, made EVERY payment on time, never been late, never missed a payment. My overall UTI is under 30%.

Honestly, I'm a MODEL customer and yet nothing. 

I just called them, the rep, while friendly, was absolutely no more help than chat, and both are no more help in terms of unsecuring than just logging into the account every day and clicking the CLI link to see if for some reason it's changed. 

I'm so frustrated ... and even when asked about closing the account the rep remained the same ... no effort to keep me, nothing. Maybe the call will help, but I doubt it. 

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine graduated at the 7th month mark.. I think my tu at the time was 725. I only put 300 on it.. When it graduated they bumped it to 1500.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.