cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do Amex Blue Cash Preferred points show?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When do Amex Blue Cash Preferred points show?

I've had the card since April. Had one Statement so far. Have spent on gas and groceries several times but points balance is still showing 0. How long does this typically take?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: When do Amex Blue Cash Preferred points show?

Amex is slow with this. There's a two month lag. So January's rewards will be given to you in March, etc.

Message 2 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Amex is slow with this. There's a two month lag. So January's rewards will be given to you in March, etc.

+100

In my case, my paper statement shows the correct amount for the rewards, but the online site is several weeks behind even that (and I'm talking even after I make my payment).  Smiley Frustrated

I've read reports that if you call them they can 'force' the system to update, but I've decided to just let things run their course since I'm in for the long game anyway. 

It is especially annoying after seeing how efficiently it could be done, such as how it's done by Capital One.

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

BCP isn't points.  You accrue rewards dollars.  As stated above and in prior threads rewards are credited a statement behind.  In other words, the statement has to close and you'll see rewards dollars credited on the following statement.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.