Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do CCC's report to the CRA's?

tag
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

When do CCC's report to the CRA's?

When do CCC's report updated balances to the CRA's?  I paid down my balance from $1028 (CL is $1100) down to $250 about a month and a half ago.  I pulled all 3 FICO's a couple days ago and TU and EX are showing the new balance of $250, but EQ is still showing the old balance of $1028.  This is especially important since I will be applying for an FHA mortgage.  My broker would really like to see my middle score above 600 to increase the pool of available lenders.  Right now, my scores are as follows:  TU 561, EQ 597, and EX 606, so EQ is my mid score at 597.  If my CC balance was accurate, this should push me over the 600 mark, though.

FYI...the card is a US Bank secured card (scheduled to be upgraded to unsecure in Sept. 08--yay!).  As I mentioned, the CL is $1100.  I also have a consolidated student loan that has been paid on time for 3 years and an auto loan on time for 2 years (balance is $3100).  My scores are low due to some baddies from about 5 years ago (not my fault--long story).
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When do CCC's report to the CRA's?

Most CCCs report the statement balance on the statement date.

It may take up to a few weeks for the CRAs to update your reports with a new balance, even after the CCC has reported.  Each CRA updates on its own schedule, so it is not uncommon for one to appear to lag behind the other two.

Message 2 of 3
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Re: When do CCC's report to the CRA's?

Whenever they want to, silly! (but all will do it once a month - thats for sure!! due to law)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.