Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do CLI start to report & Benefits of being a Joint user

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When do CLI start to report & Benefits of being a Joint user

3 weeks ago I got my Amazon Sync CLI from $600 to $2000, Home Depot $500 - $3000 and two days ago Best Buy $1500 a $4500.

On a side not, my wife just got approved for a Cap One Visa Signeture Venture card with a starting CL of $15k. Should I add myself to it, will it help my score? She also have a Lexus Visa Seigneur card with a $9500 CL and I've been on that account for about 1 year now. That card had a balance of $3800 and was affecting my CU. So I paid it off, my utilization dropped from 48% to like 32% +\- but my score did not go up as well. Do joint accounts not affect your credit report as if they were your own TL?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When do CLI start to report ?

They normally report when the CC company reports it, usually after your monthly closing date.

Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: When do CLI start to report ?

This.  CLI's are typically reported the next time your account would normally report.

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I add myself to it, will it help my score?

Your call.  Being an AU can help but there are models and creditors that disregard accounts where one is an AU and it would not help in such cases.

@Anonymous wrote:

So I paid it off, my utilization dropped from 48% to like 32% +\- but my score did not go up as well. Do joint accounts not affect your credit report as if they were your own TL?

A joint account would be just like your own account.  An account where you're an AU is different as I stated above.  The reason you didn't see your score jump is that 48% to 32% isn't much of an improvment.  Keep in mind that the general recommendation is do not exceed 30%.  Lower is generally better as long as you're not reporting all 0 balances.  To optimize utilization such as when applying for credit allow only one balance to report at 10% or less.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.