cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do lenders report to credit bureau for interest charges?

tag
improvent363
New Contributor

When do lenders report to credit bureau for interest charges?

Wondering what billing cycle is reported to the credit burea? For example, I will be getting interest charge starting from august, since my 0% APR is over in august.  So will they report it as soon as that or the next biling cycle which starts on september 14?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: When do lenders report to credit bureau for interest charges?

They don't report interest charges.  They report your balance at the time of reporting which is typically after your statement closes and prints.

Message 2 of 6
improvent363
New Contributor

What I meant was my APR will start to add up to my balance starting mid august, since the 0% intro rate is over. so will this new balance reported to credit bureau on mid august or next biling cycle which is mid september?

Message 3 of 6
improvent363
New Contributor

anyone taking a shot at answer my question to my last message, please feel free to do so!

Message 4 of 6
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Interest is added to the statement at closing, so it is included in the closing statement balance.   Generally the closing balance is reported to the CB.

Since interest starts accueing in Mid August, you won't see any interest added to your balance until closing date in September.

Does this answer your question?

Message 5 of 6
improvent363
New Contributor

@Wolf3

Yes it does and thanks for responding!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.