Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do you call the back door number?

tag
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

When do you call the back door number?

To preface, I have an AmEx, Discover, and BoA Visa. For a while I have wanted to grab a Master Card just to round out the credit portfolio and start gardening. I had postponed about a month or two because in October I went app heavy (think I had 6 in about a month or two) but today decided to apply for one. I figured I'd apply for the Citi Dividend Platinum Select as it offers a cash back rewards program. Considering this won't be a heavily used card the reward program was not all that important to me. So as I said I pulled the trigger (no INQ on EX since 10/10, no INQ ox EQ ever, only 1 TU INQ in 10/10 [nothing before that]).

My EQ is 731, TU is 717.

I applied online and it said they'd have an answer for me in a week. Since I've never been wait listed I am curious, do I call the back door number at this point or do I wait for a decision to come down (hopefully not a decline). My other cards had been instant approvals in the past so just looking for what the next step is.

Also, before anyone asks not being impatient, don't need the card at this very moment, etc...Just curious on where to go next.

Thanks.

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DI
Super Contributor

Re: When do you call the back door number?

Call if you receive a declination letter. 

Message 2 of 4
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

@DI wrote:

Call if you receive a declination letter. 

Cool. Thanks.

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe this is Citi's "application status" number:

1-888-201-4523

Give it a day or two and you can call there.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.