cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do you decide to stop the apps and garden?

tag
core
Valued Contributor

Re: When do you decide to stop the apps and garden?

When the CSR on the phone pulls my report and bursts out laughing or uses a 4-letter word.

Message 11 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

my app spree stopped this month i got in with a WF card and got denied for the chase marriott reward.

Message 12 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

The answer is to stop when you have everything you want.

For some, we want everything! Muah ha ha....!

Message 13 of 45
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The answer is to stop when you have everything you want.

For some, we want everything! Muah ha ha....!

I agree.

I stopped at three.  I'm prequaliifed for CSP and freedom but I wouldn't use them.

i happy with what I have.  I like the rewards and travel benefits.  

I see see many chasing for higher limits and churning.  Credit is to be used  not stockpiled.  I have more credit than I need.  

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 14 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you can't pick what card to use at the register 😝
Message 15 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOVED reading your responses! Thank you!

In my wallet: Capital One (secured) 1917; Quicksilver 5000; Venture 15,000; Barclay Apple Rewards 2000; CareCredit 3300; Bank of American Platinum Visa 2000; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Amazon Store Card 5000; Discover 10,000. Total Credit: 51,217.
FICO: EQ - 764; TU - 696; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board. Gardening until further notice.

Message 16 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

at 7 TU inquiries, I figured I needed to relax.  Also when I was denied for the Sams mastercard and instead downgraded to their PLCC.  Then once I brushed up on myfico, I decided to get my Amex because of the easy bonus.  

I also realized I could request CLI's on several accounts I already had, where a HP was not required.

I was very torn between apping for Discover, or Amex.

I do honestly have no regrets, which feels good. Well, maybe not trying for the salliemae instead of the silly amazon plcc.

The only thing I have to focus on this summer is getting my util down, making sure I do several tiny transactions with amex to get the extra points, and really trying hard to PIF the Amex monthly because thats what they like.  OH and maybe making a little cheatsheet of statement close dates because I always pay early, but never on the right dang date!

Message 17 of 45
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

I was in the garden for 6 months after my first app spree. Went on another spree recently, but got denied for three cards that I wanted. I'm back in the garden, but going for longer than six months this time. I want all of my scores at or above 700 before I app again.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 18 of 45
Aarvard
Established Contributor

When I can't find any other expense that I can use to meet the spending requirement for signup bonus, which typically happens to a broke college student Smiley Very Happy

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 19 of 45
JSS3
Valued Contributor

When these cards stop calling me!
Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.