Contributor
kawgirl23

When do you get Macys CLI?

I actually had my card since 2006 with an CL of $100.  I never really worried about CLI until I noticed this year that I still had only a $100 CL.  I called back in March for a CLI and they gave me $100, so now its at $200.  How often can I request CLI?  I've read that some people have called every couple of weeks and received CLI and then I've read that you may have to wait 3-6 months for one.

Thanks!
Valued Contributor
cobra19

Re: When do you get Macys CLI?

Macys seems to be every 3 months.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Frequent Contributor
Solarjuju

Best increase is when you are going to purchase something big or more than your current CL.
They increased my CL at the cashier by $900 or 100%. This was about 2-3 years back.

I tried calling a few months ago for CLI. Told them I wanted to buy furniture online, but I was told to come to the store and get a CLI at the checkout stand.
I had $0 balance when I called so probably the CSR thought I had enough available credit.
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

I believe Macys will increase every 3 months with occasional usage of their card.
Here we go again...
Established Member
akaniks

You can request a CLI every three months, the CSR's will even tell you to call at 3 month intervals. I used my card sparingly the first six months and went from $100 to $700.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+