CAP1 generates check  every $25.00

(3) 2013 will probably get another one by 12/31/13

Discover is set up for $50.00 direct deposit 

(2) 2013

FNBO Amex just stacking $$$$$$$$$$$ so far

(0) 3 year limit on rewards so will probably cash out twice a year 

CAP1 business generates check every $50.00 

(4) 2013

This card was just converted to 2% Thanks EO this should double in cash back in 2014 if not more Smiley Wink

Amex Lowes 8300....Just stacking points 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 21 of 27
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: When do you redeem your rewards?

I don't really use any cash back cards, so I'm going strictly based on reward points/miles.

I usually have very specific redemptions in mind, usually in the 120k-300k range. Once I cross that threshold, I redeem as soon as I can. There's little point redeeming for something that I don't want or need just because it's less, but at the same time it's foolish to hoard too many points given the devaluations we've seen in 2013. I'll usually keep a minimum balance of points for emergencies, and then redeem the surplus once I have enough for a specific target.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 22 of 27
Open123
Super Contributor

For cashback cards, the moment it's available.  I tend to eschew the minimum redemption threshold cards, and find the Quicksilver's "any" amount redemption to be ideal.

For points (SPG, MR, and UR), I redeem the moment I'm certain of my travel plans.  With UR & MR, I'd like to keep some just for the emergency flights that would cost much more than when using points.

Message 23 of 27
supervelous
Regular Contributor

Usually right when I hit the minimum, BUT it's a really tough decision with Chase UR points.  I have about 80,000, which could get me $800 cash, which I would love to redeem and have thought about it many times.  But after seeing how the points can transfer 1:1 to Travel Partners and how that can work with Hyatt or the airlines to get you a lot more value, I am scared to redeem Chase.  I have no travel plans now, but feel I may regret not having them down the line when I need/want to travel.

Message 24 of 27
Open123
Super Contributor

supervelous wrote:But after seeing how the points can transfer 1:1 to Travel Partners and how that can work with Hyatt or the airlines to get you a lot more value, I am scared to redeem Chase.  I have no travel plans now, but feel I may regret not having them down the line when I need/want to travel.

For me, what makes UR points unique is their minimum cash redemption value, which sets them apart from SPG, MR, and TY points.  For this reason, I feel less urgency to use my UR points, since devaluation risk is hedged by this minimum value. 

Message 25 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

supervelous wrote:But after seeing how the points can transfer 1:1 to Travel Partners and how that can work with Hyatt or the airlines to get you a lot more value, I am scared to redeem Chase.  I have no travel plans now, but feel I may regret not having them down the line when I need/want to travel.

For me, what makes UR points unique is their minimum cash redemption value, which sets them apart from SPG, MR, and TY points.  For this reason, I feel less urgency to use my UR points, since devaluation risk is hedged by this minimum value. 

Why is the minimum for UR different than say TY?  Just ease of redemption?  Presumably chase could easily change UR to be worth 0.5 cent if "needed"!

Message 26 of 27
Open123
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Why is the minimum for UR different than say TY?  Just ease of redemption?  Presumably chase could easily change UR to be worth 0.5 cent if "needed"!

Never occured to me Chase would ever reduce the value of a UR point to below 1 cent.  

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.