Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do you think Amex will post my account to CRA's

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

When do you think Amex will post my account to CRA's

My First statement was cut on Jan 21st. When do you think Amex will post this account to CRA's? What time frame can I expect it to show on my CR's? Thanks...
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When do you think Amex will post my account to CRA's

concorduser wrote:
My First statement was cut on Jan 21st. When do you think Amex will post this account to CRA's? What time frame can I expect it to show on my CR's? Thanks...

They probably reported end of January.  (IME, they report for the first time at the end of the calendar month in which the first statement generates.)  CRAs can be slow to update, though.  I'm still not seeing my updated balances from Amex reporting on EX and EQ.

Message 2 of 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

concorduser wrote:

My first statement cut on January 2nd, and Amex hit my TU report yesterday (which is really weird as TU is usually so slow).  Not on the other two yet

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:

concorduser wrote:

My first statement cut on January 2nd, and Amex hit my TU report yesterday (which is really weird as TU is usually so slow).  Not on the other two yet

I bet if you look at the TL on TU it says it was reported Jan 29, or somewhere thereabouts.

I'm also waiting on EX and EQ to update, which I agree is weird since EX is always the first one to update for me.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My account was opened 11-20-07. They 1st reported to ex on 1-19-08 then eq 2 days later and trans a week later. I hope they update soon because I have a $654 balance from the last time they reported. Now do they report after the due are the closing date? I paid my balance down to $0 a day before the closing date and a $654 balance is now showing
Message 5 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Then, realistically I should see this TL some time before end of Feb on CR's ? Am I correct?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm thinking it's around 2 months from the day your card opened
Message 7 of 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I am thinking it will be reported the end of ythe month after you opened it.  But it takes time for the CRAs to report what they know.  Mine actually reported on the 29th of last month, but it has not yet shown up on all my CRs - only on TU and EQ.  Which is odd - TU is usually very slow and EX very quick, but things seem to be going to hell in a handbasket in terms of who reports what recently
Message 8 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi midnight, if we dont see the Amex account reported on CRA's after couple of months, can write to CRA's and ask them to add the account? Will CRA's do that if we ask them? I'll get a boost to my fico once these accounts report on my CR. Is there any way we can accelerate this process of reporting?
Message 9 of 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

concorduser wrote:
Hi midnight, if we dont see the Amex account reported on CRA's after couple of months, can write to CRA's and ask them to add the account? Will CRA's do that if we ask them? I'll get a boost to my fico once these accounts report on my CR. Is there any way we can accelerate this process of reporting?

I think you just have to be patient. Amex will report it and eventually the CRAs will get around to posting it
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.