cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does B of A report statement balances?

tag
Credit333
Established Member

When does B of A report statement balances?

Hi everyone. First off, thanks for the great community you've all formed here...it's been very valuable to me over the last month or so.

As the title states, I need to know what day B of A reports statement balances. My last bill had a very high (31%) utilization, but I paid that off completely, along with all the charges I made this billing cycle, so my new bill will close at 0% utilization (I do have a small utilization on one other card, intentionally). The reason that this is important now is because I am going to apply for an AmEx BCE and a Sallie Mae Barclayscard, but I'm waiting to make sure that my B of A card has reported so that I can get the most favorable terms possible.

Their customer service (online chat) has ranged from unhelpful to inconsistent. I've asked 5 different reps, and have been told that it reports on my statement end date (7/10) twice, that they cannot disclose the information twice, and that I can find it on annualcreditreport.com (what the f?) once. This is ridiculous, at least be consistent if this is info that can't be disclosed. Not to mention all the other problems I've had with B of A.

Anyway, does anyone know when these balances are reported? As stated above, my billing cycle closes 7/10, so I assumed that it would report this day and I could apply for the two cards on that day...but I just don't know, and want to be sure. I've waited for 2 weeks and am dying to submit my apps.

In My Wallet: AmEx Blue Cash Everyday ($6,500) | Barclays Sallie Mae World ($12,500) | Discover it Chrome ($6,000)

EX: 756 (07/12/2014) | TU: 752 (07/18/2014)

Other: BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards ($3,000) | State Farm Rewards ($4,000) | State Farm Student ($500)
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

Re: When does B of A report statement balance?

@Credit333 wrote:

Hi everyone. First off, thanks for the great community you've all formed here...it's been very valuable to me over the last month or so.

As the title states, I need to know what day B of A reports statement balances. My last bill had a very high (31%) utilization, but I paid that off completely, so my new bill will close at 0% utilization (I do have a small utilization on one other card, intentionally). The reason that this is important now is because I am going to apply for an AmEx BCE and a Sallie Mae Barclayscard, but I'm waiting to make sure that my B of A card has reported so that I can get the most favorable terms possible.

Their customer service (online chat) has ranged from unhelpful to inconsistent. I've asked 5 different reps, and have been told that it reports on my statement end date (7/10) twice, that they cannot disclose the information twice, and that I can find it on annualcreditreport.com (**bleep**?) once. This is ridiculous, at least be consistent if this is info that can't be disclosed. Not to mention all the other problems I've had with B of A.

Anyway, does anyone know when these balances are reported? As stated above, my billing cycle closes 7/10, so I assumed that it would report this day and I could apply for the two cards on that day...but I just don't know, and want to be sure. I've waited for 2 weeks and am dying to submit my apps.

Safe bet is to apply say 10-12 days after close date. That way you are absolutely sure and covered.  

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 2 of 12
Credit333
Established Member

@s_haliz wrote:

@Credit333 wrote:

As the title states, I need to know what day B of A reports statement balances. My last bill had a very high (31%) utilization, but I paid that off completely, so my new bill will close at 0% utilization (I do have a small utilization on one other card, intentionally). The reason that this is important now is because I am going to apply for an AmEx BCE and a Sallie Mae Barclayscard, but I'm waiting to make sure that my B of A card has reported so that I can get the most favorable terms possible.

Their customer service (online chat) has ranged from unhelpful to inconsistent. I've asked 5 different reps, and have been told that it reports on my statement end date (7/10) twice, that they cannot disclose the information twice, and that I can find it on annualcreditreport.com (**bleep**?) once. This is ridiculous, at least be consistent if this is info that can't be disclosed. Not to mention all the other problems I've had with B of A.

Safe bet is to apply say 10-12 days after close date. That way you are absolutely sure and covered.  

Is the 10-12 days sort of a guess, or are you basing it off something? I only ask because if it's not an exact date (like the closing date or the 1st of every month or something like that), I would think that there would be an equal chance of it occuring any day in a given month, ya know?

In My Wallet: AmEx Blue Cash Everyday ($6,500) | Barclays Sallie Mae World ($12,500) | Discover it Chrome ($6,000)

EX: 756 (07/12/2014) | TU: 752 (07/18/2014)

Other: BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards ($3,000) | State Farm Rewards ($4,000) | State Farm Student ($500)
Message 3 of 12
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@Credit333 wrote:

@s_haliz wrote:

@Credit333 wrote:

Is the 10-12 days sort of a guess, or are you basing it off something? I only ask because if it's not an exact date (like the closing date or the 1st of every month or something like that), I would think that there would be an equal chance of it occuring any day in a given month, ya know?

Pure guess...However I had seen from my own experience just recently. My close date of BoA CC was 06/06. I had applied CC on 06/23 and there it was in my credit report.....

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 4 of 12
Commutator
Valued Member

Re: When does B of A report statement balances?

Experian was updated by the 3rd business day after statement close for my latest billing cycle. Not sure about the other bureaus.

@Credit333 wrote:

As stated above, my billing cycle closes 7/10, so I assumed that it would report this day and I could apply for the two cards on that day...but I just don't know, and want to be sure. I've waited for 2 weeks and am dying to submit my apps.

I'm quite sure they don't report that fast. There's definitely some lag time.

Message 5 of 12
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

The creditors may report that fast but the CRA's don't update that fast.  It generally takes the CRA's a few days to update after recieving the update from the creditor.

@Credit333 wrote:

If you have to verify ASAP then look at your reports and/or use a CMS.  Your reports will have the last reporting date.  A CMS with daily pulls will allow you to verify exactly whenyour reports have updated.  I generally find that TU lags behind the other two.

Message 6 of 12
Smooth954
Regular Contributor

My BofA has been reporting 2-3 days after I recieve the email notifying me that my statement is ready(statement cut date) bill is due on the 10th card reports by the. 12th are 13th. In March though it reported the very next day on the 11th but that was only once not sure what might had cause that bad since open it's been one month the 12th next month the 13th with the exception of March 2014

Myfico (7/16/14): EQ:736, EX:678(Prosper 7/16/14), TU:691(5/29/14)
Wallet:

Message 7 of 12
Jahmakan
Valued Member

I too have seen them report the very next day after my statement closed.  I guess it really depends... on what, I don't know.

Message 8 of 12
abundancejones
Regular Contributor

Anyone get updates on the weekend?

Message 9 of 12
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

I just got a SW alert that my BofA balance had updated. My statement doesn't close until tomorrow though.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.