cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does BOA secured graduate to non secured?

tag
mrdrum18
Contributor

When does BOA secured graduate to non secured?

I have heard mixed opinions.

BOA has confirmed at the 9th month the account is reviewed, but has anyone been able to call in at lets say the 6th month and had any success?
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When does BOA secured graduate to non secured?

I was told no way, no how and this was after an employee @ my BOA branch talked to a credit supervisor. But, maybe someone else would have better success.
Message 2 of 28
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Usually BofA graduates after 9-12 months.

I got my 99/500 last November and am eager to see when it graduates. I'm making my 9th payment for my 9th statement this coming week. After I PIF, I'll call.
Message 3 of 28
wmarat
Valued Contributor

My secured BOA card graduated after 9 mos.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 28
Candice
Contributor

previous poster - what kind of CL were you looking at? did they just double your secured CL or give you $1000 or $1500? Or was it totally random?
Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I highly doubt that with a secured account that they will change from secured to unsecured with  a phone call.  Maybe if you had some serious credit issues resolved in that time and your score had jumped 100 points, but as far as it being like calling in for a CLI I doubt it.
Message 6 of 28
wmarat
Valued Contributor

IME, BOA just adds $500 to existing CL.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

mickie08 wrote:
I highly doubt that with a secured account that they will change from secured to unsecured with  a phone call.  Maybe if you had some serious credit issues resolved in that time and your score had jumped 100 points, but as far as it being like calling in for a CLI I doubt it.

From my understand from reading threads on this board about the BOFA secured. You can't call an request for them to unsecured it they will have to do it on there on when they feel like your eligible.
Message 8 of 28
Geordi
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

From my understand from reading threads on this board about the BOFA secured. You can't call an request for them to unsecured it they will have to do it on there on when they feel like your eligible.

I have had two different BoA secured cards graduate. Here is how it happens:

1) You meet the requirements (BoA internal audit of your account) with a minimum of 9 months of perfect account history and they will automatically unsecure your account.

2)You call after you have greater than 12 months of perfect account history yet your account did not automatically unsecure.

Otherwise, YMMV
Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Geordi wrote:

I have had two different BoA secured cards graduate. Here is how it happens:

1) You meet the requirements (BoA internal audit of your account) with a minimum of 9 months of perfect account history and they will automatically unsecure your account.

2)You call after you have greater than 12 months of perfect account history yet your account did not automatically unsecure.

Otherwise, YMMV

Thx for that clear up well i'm not gonna bug them i will wait until my card reaches a year if it doesn't unsecure then i will give them a call.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 09-07-2008 08:40 AM
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.