cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does BOA secured graduate to non secured?

Regular Contributor

Re: When does BOA secured graduate to non secured?

I called right after my 9th statement and they unsecured it. No problems @ all. It was unsecured with a doubled CL, within a couple days. They sent me a cheque for $99.00 within a week and a half.


Message Edited by siangirl34 on 09-07-2008 03:29 PM
Message 11 of 28
Valued Contributor

Re: When does BOA secured graduate to non secured?



siangirl34 wrote:
I called right after my 9th statement and they unsecured it. No problems @ all. It was unsecured with a doubled CL, within a couple days. They sent me a cheque for $99.00 within a week and a half.


Message Edited by siangirl34 on 09-07-2008 03:29 PM

Do they pull your credit again when they unsacure it.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 28
Regular Contributor

Re: When does BOA secured graduate to non secured?

No.
Message 13 of 28
Valued Contributor

Re: When does BOA secured graduate to non secured?



siangirl34 wrote:
No.



Great...

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 28
New Contributor

Re: When does BOA secured graduate to non secured?



siangirl34 wrote:
No.





You can bet they pull a soft inquiry on your report around that time though.
Message 15 of 28
Valued Contributor

Re: When does BOA secured graduate to non secured?

Hi, I had a fully secured BOA credit card which became unsecure after 9 months, and I personally card for gradutation of the card and they double my credit limit to $1000.00 had $500.00 on the card.
So when your 9th month comes i would just call and see if you card can be eligible for graduation.  The rep had me on hold as she looked at my credit report TU which resulted in a hard pull. Also I still have a BK on my report from year 99 and a few baddies.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 16 of 28
Valued Contributor

Re: When does BOA secured graduate to non secured?



tray wrote:
Hi, I had a fully secured BOA credit card which became unsecure after 9 months, and I personally card for gradutation of the card and they double my credit limit to $1000.00 had $500.00 on the card.
So when your 9th month comes i would just call and see if you card can be eligible for graduation.  The rep had me on hold as she looked at my credit report TU which resulted in a hard pull. Also I still have a BK on my report from year 99 and a few baddies.  Good Luck



So u where hit with another HARD.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 28
Moderator Emerita

Re: When does BOA secured graduate to non secured?


mjbfan79 wrote:

tray wrote:
Hi, I had a fully secured BOA credit card which became unsecure after 9 months, and I personally card for gradutation of the card and they double my credit limit to $1000.00 had $500.00 on the card.
So when your 9th month comes i would just call and see if you card can be eligible for graduation. The rep had me on hold as she looked at my credit report TU which resulted in a hard pull. Also I still have a BK on my report from year 99 and a few baddies. Good Luck


So u where hit with another HARD.


Maybe because of requesting the graduation before it was due?

They will warn you if they have to do a hard, and you can say never mind, I'll wait, or whatever.


edit: please see following post for correct info! Smiley Tongue

Guess it makes sense that they would do this, as you are really app'ing for a new card (the unsecured version.)

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-08-2008 10:41 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 28
Valued Contributor

Re: When does BOA secured graduate to non secured?

Hi, to answer a question to the thread I wrote, unfortunately you are hit with a hard pull when you apply for the secured card ( I was hit hard on two reports, TU and EX) and then when your card graduates you are hit with another hard, that is the process and I am not the only one alot of other people if you read other threads happen to them too.  The good thing when it comes to cli's only soft pulls.  Also it does not matter whether it is 9 months or a year on graduating.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 19 of 28
Moderator Emerita

Re: When does BOA secured graduate to non secured?

Thanks for the correction! Straight from the horse's mouth.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 28