tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: When does BOFA report to CB?

Mizu wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Actually:

• Citi allows one payment per day and four payments per month,
  • Discover allows one payment every three days.
  • PenFed seems to allow as many as you can make once you are past the six months.
  • HSBC is a total mess.

HahaI agree with the HSBC statement but from my experience, it's once every 3 daysThis could be different for everyone though LOL

You have to add to the frequency with which you can make the payments the fact that HSBC may not make the amount of the payment immediately available to you. When and why they do this is not entirely clear. It has never happened to me and I have had an HSBC CC account for ten years. But many have reported delayed availability for their accounts. PenFed also delays availability, but only for the first six months. After that you won't have a problem.

Message 11 of 17
fricnfrac1
Contributor

Hi...ok, update.  My Bofa statement date this month was the 22nd and the statement was cut yesterday the 23rd, it's already online. But In Oct, the statement date

was the 22nd, I believe and it was cut on the 26th, so there appears to be no rhyme or reason, at least to this newbie.

Now just waiting for the CR to update!

03/12/14 Fico 698 EXP

Message 12 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

This coming February, I'm pretty sure that they'll have to pick a date and stick with it, as many CC's do now. (Discover, Chase, American Express.)

Can you take another look at your October statement? The statement date = the cut date. Make sure that the 22nd wasn't the due date for the balance on the September statement, perhaps.

At any rate, you now have a date range for your statements to post --the 22nd (maybe a day or two earlier) up to as late as the 26th (maybe a day or two later.) You'll get a feel for this over the next few months, and then they'll pick a date anyway. Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 17
fricnfrac1
Contributor

thanks for the info,I will check on previous statements. Yes, they appear to do what they want anyway, but this card has been good to me.

03/12/14 Fico 698 EXP

Message 14 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

BofA will do what they have to do to comply with the legal requirements regarding statements and due dates. They just don't seem inclined to do it much before they have to.
Message 15 of 17
DI
Super Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Actually:

• Citi allows one payment per day and four payments per month,
  • Discover allows one payment every three days.
  • PenFed seems to allow as many as you can make once you are past the six months.
  • HSBC is a total mess.

I hate HSBC's online payment system.  One has to make a payment days in advance to reflect on one's account by a certain date.  

Message 16 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Different people have different cuts on why HSBC is a mess. Almost everybody has at least one reason, if not more. You'd think they could do a lot better.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.