cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Bank of America report to the credit bureaus? (2014)

tag
foxen
New Visitor

When does Bank of America report to the credit bureaus? (2014)

Hi everyone,

I have a Bank of America Platinum Plus Card.  I just called Bank of America and asked a representative this question, and he told me that he had no way of knowing the answer to that question because they keep this information "very secretive".

I thought this was a ridiculous answer, since I think this information is extremely important for me to know since I am currently working on applying for a mortgage loan.

All I want to know is:

• Do they report right after the new statement, and report the statement balance (i.e., $0 balance shows on 4/9 statement so that will be reported to bureaus soon after)?
  • Or, do they report after the due date of the statement (i.e., balance is due on 5/9 so bureaus are not updated until after 5/9 with last month's balance)?
  • Or, do they report mid-cycle on a random date (i.e., whatever balance shows on that random date is what gets reported)?

I really, really wish this information was more accessible so I could plan out my purchases/payments better...but I am hoping you can help me!!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: When does Bank of America report to the credit bureaus? (2014)

For me they report within 1-3 days of statement cut to all CRA and the amount they report is what is on the statement as balance. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 15
foxen
New Visitor

Hey, thank you!!  I hope that's the case for me as well. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 15
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

I would also like to know....

By the books, statement is reported. They once reported mine when they SP'd me in the middle of the month for a CLI. I was suprised.

That said, don't know really what BOA does to everyone, looks like they have their own whims and fancies-you called ''secret''........

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 4 of 15
foxen
New Visitor

Hi JoshuaHolySpirit, had you just put a large charge on your card when they reported randomly like that?  Is there any method to this madness!?  Haha.

Message 5 of 15
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@JoshuaHolySpirit wrote:

By the books, statement is reported. They once reported mine when they SP'd me in the middle of the month for a CLI. I was suprised.

That said, don't know really what BOA does to everyone, looks like they have their own whims and fancies-you called ''secret''........

Yes if anything changes like address or CL BofA does a mid cycle reporting.  Both of my CLIs reported the next day.  Also address modifications will usually trigger an additional reporting.

Message 6 of 15
YahComb
Established Contributor

It's standard for them report to the agencies when you get a CLI. no madness.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 7 of 15
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

No clue foxen, no clue, haha-!!!.....No large purchases....What happened was, they were reviewing me for a CLI, yeah, random CLI. 

I did not take it personal. Other times, I am positive... they just followed the statement balance.(but no CLI for that, but I wish)Cat LOL

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 8 of 15
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

BoA actually reports more frequently than any other card I have.  They report when each statement closes, when credit limit increases, when they think there could be fraudulent activity, when your address changes, if you upgrade your card, etc... any change will cause BoA to immediately update all CRAs with the current balance.  It takes a few days for the CRAs to process the updates (TU is the slowest), but I am sure that BoA sends them immediately.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 9 of 15
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@JoshuaHolySpirit wrote:

Yes if anything changes like address or CL BofA does a mid cycle reporting.  Both of my CLIs reported the next day.  Also address modifications will usually trigger an additional reporting.

lg8302ch mentioned the ''CL changes''. He should be right on-!!!!! settles my quest-!!!! Thanks buddy.

EDIT: Appreciate other inputs as well.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.