cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Bank of America report to the credit bureaus? (2014)

tag
foxen
New Visitor

Re: When does Bank of America report to the credit bureaus? (2014)

Ah this all makes more sense now!  Thank you, everyone.

It seems like I should assume that a new statement triggers a report in my case then...

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Point of interest for BoA reporting on me. They did reported "no activity" every time I had a month with no charges or "payments" so a blank appears on my CR when no activity took place. Yeah...
Message 12 of 15
foxen
New Visitor

...so a blank appears on my CR when no activity took place. Yeah...

Just to make things look more "mysterious" right?  Haha.

Message 13 of 15
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

@foxen wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a Bank of America Platinum Plus Card.  I just called Bank of America and asked a representative this question, and he told me that he had no way of knowing the answer to that question because they keep this information "very secretive".

That's nice, I got just the opposite response.  My CSR was glad to answer, but gave me info that was clearly wrong.  He said "I've been with B of A for a year, and it's always reported on the last day of each month".  Well, I'd heard that some cards work that way, but I also have solid evidence that my balance had been reported about two days after each statement cycle closed.  I can see this in the history of alerts I get from EQ.  BUT the CSR may have had a time warp for 11 months of his year with B of A.  My latest alert did come in at the end of July, so I'm waiting to see what happens this month.  If they are really changing to the end-of-the-month system, it will wreck my payment-due cycle.   Maybe they just "forgot" to tell me about it.

Anyway, be aware that whatever you know about this topic is not permanent.  YMMV in time as well as among people.

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 15
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

They usually report the following month after opening Smiley Happy

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.