Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Bank of America report to your reports please HELP

tag
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

When does Bank of America report to your reports please HELP

Hello everybody

Does Bank of America post your balance at the due date or at your statement balance? I know some bank report the balance you have at your due date and some report the balance at the end of the billing cycle. I want them report a 0 balance on my credit card. Sorry for the question. BOA were closed yesterday and today due the snow/ice.

Thank you very much

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When does Bank of America report to your reports please HELP

Statement balance is reported to the bureaus, generally 1-3 days after statement cuts.

BoA will re-report any current balance if you make a change to your account (change address, new credit limit, etc).

Message 2 of 12
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Statement balance is reported to the bureaus, generally 1-3 days after statement cuts.

BoA will re-report any current balance if you make a change to your account (change address, new credit limit, etc).

Thank you My payment is due today (making a payment) but can't pay it off until Tuesday when the bank is open. LOL I have the cash but my credit union are also closed lol. So you are telling me that if I make a second payment to pay it off on Tuesday (3 days after due date)  they will report the 0 balance?
Thanks again
Message 3 of 12
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

Hello everybody

Does Bank of America post your balance at the due date or at your statement balance? I know some bank report the balance you have at your due date and some report the balance at the end of the billing cycle. I want them report a 0 balance on my credit card. Sorry for the question. BOA were closed yesterday and today due the snow/ice.

Thank you very much

Look at your account page online or via mobile, any balance owed after “Next Closing Date” will be reported to the CRAs. Just not sure of the cut-off time if it’s midnight or earlier. Hope this helps

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

Thank you My payment is due today (making a payment) but can't pay it off until Tuesday when the bank is open. LOL I have the cash but my credit union are also closed lol. So you are telling me that if I make a second payment to pay it off on Tuesday (3 days after due date)  they will report the 0 balance?
Thanks again

Depends on when your statement date is.  Do you have a history with that card so you can look up your previous months' statement dates?  I don't have a BoA card so I have no history to look up there, but many of my bank cards have the same statement date each month -- Chase, Capital One, Discover all have the same monthly statement date for me.

Why can't you "pull" a payment from your CU checking using BoA's online payment method?  If you do that today, you're in the clear, assuming you have no pending charges that might post before statement cut.

Message 5 of 12
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

Hello everybody

Thank you very much

Look at your account page online or via mobile, any balance owed after “Next Closing Date” will be reported to the CRAs. Just not sure of the cut-off time if it’s midnight or earlier. Hope this helps

Thank you very much

Message 6 of 12
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

Thanks again

Depends on when your statement date is.  Do you have a history with that card so you can look up your previous months' statement dates?  I don't have a BoA card so I have no history to look up there, but many of my bank cards have the same statement date each month -- Chase, Capital One, Discover all have the same monthly statement date for me.

Why can't you "pull" a payment from your CU checking using BoA's online payment method?  If you do that today, you're in the clear, assuming you have no pending charges that might post before statement cut.

I want to make a $6800.00 payment and Don't have enough to cover it since I had plans to make a cash payment in the branch

Message 7 of 12
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

I just look at my statments and my statements cuts on the 16th of each month

Message 8 of 12
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Thank you very much Everybody Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I'd bet that paying cash will cause your payment to post very quickly.

Because there are so many BOA cardholders here, we'd have heard by now if they did anything other than report the statement balance on or just after the statement date. I'm sure that one of them will chime in to confirm.

Of the large, well-known banks, US Bank and Chase are the exceptions. US Bank reports on the first of the month. Chase report the statement balance on the statement date, but they also report zero whenever one pays to zero.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.