Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Bank of America report to your reports please HELP

tag
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Re: When does Bank of America report to your reports please HELP

My experience has been that BoA reports the statement balance.  Mostly.

My due date is the 16th.  Statement date is the 19th.

I always pay by the due date (except once, see my footer).  On some occasions, I've made an additional payment on the 17th or 18th (sometimes by cash in-branch, sometimes pushed from my checking account with a different institution), reducing the statement balance; BoA has reported that lower statement balance to the bureaus. 

That said, in July or August of 2017 (when I was in the middle of a mortgage refi, of course), BoA reported a higher balance than what was owed on the due date / statement date.  I'll repeat: it did not report the statement balance, but reported a higher interim balance.  I was displeased, and let the bank know it.  The gist of my conversation with the BoA rep was that the bank had, well, engaged in anomalous behavior; it should have reported the statement balance.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 11 of 12
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: When does Bank of America report to your reports please HELP

@HeavenOhio wrote:

I'd bet that paying cash will cause your payment to post very quickly.

Because there are so many BOA cardholders here, we'd have heard by now if they did anything other than report the statement balance on or just after the statement date. I'm sure that one of them will chime in to confirm.

Of the large, well-known banks, US Bank and Chase are the exceptions. US Bank reports on the first of the month. Chase report the statement balance on the statement date, but they also report zero whenever one pays to zero.

That's I love chase payments Smiley Happy This is my first time with BOA. I wouldn't have this problem if they were closed last 2 days lol
 Thanks
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.