cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Capital One report? Share your experience!

tag
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

When does Capital One report? Share your experience!

I've had the Capital One No Hassle Rewards (the version for excellent credit with no annual fee and a $7500 limit)  since early August 2010. My first statement came on Sept. 9. Now I'll receive my second statement probably tomorrow. I've checked my Equifax today, and it hasn't reported yet. I've read here that they report later. Does anyone know when they report a certain statement date/month? is there a lag between statement and reporting (that's what I figure reading up on other threads)? Or do they sometimes completely "forget" to report at all?

I want to check how it reports since it's one of those pesky Mastercard "World" cards.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
MYBEST
New Contributor

Re: When does Capital One report? Share your experience!

Hi,  My Capital One No Hassle Rewards card reports to all 3 credit bureaus every month at the end of the month, I know this because every time I check my credit reports around the 22-25th of the month it's always updated information form capital one and plus I called them and asked to make sure and they confirmed that they update info with the 3 credit bureaus for my account at the end of the month. Smiley Happy  (P.S) You should give them a call and ask... It couldn't hurt right?  I Hope this helps a little.

EQ Starting Score: 584 | TU Starting Score: 547
EQ Current Score: 650 | TU Current Score: 643 | EX Current Score: 643
EQ Goal Score: 700 | TU Goal Score: 700 | EX Goal Score: 700
***Staying*** " with prayer that is " with in the garden and no (more) applying until mid-end of 2015!

Message 2 of 22
mommyof4
Valued Member

Based on my reports, I found that my payment is due by the 15th of every month and within five days after that my reports are reflecting the new balance ( minus transunion, they seem to always be a couple days behind). I hope this helps.

Message 3 of 22
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

I've had mine since September 1st, statement posted on the 21st, payment due Oct 16.  Nothing has posted yet and I've been using it and paying it in full since i got it.  I did let it post a 7% balance during the statement then paid it down to $0 soon after. 

Hope it posts tp my reports soon!!! Smiley Sad

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 4 of 22
laz98
Senior Contributor

most of my cards report to EX about a day after the statement cuts, to EQ 3-4 days later, & to TU whenever TU feels like updating my reports Smiley Mad

specifically, my capital one card reports around the 22nd of the month.

Message 5 of 22
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

The day after closing without fail.

Message 6 of 22
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@Cleanmachine wrote:

I'll give it a couple of days and then I'll call them if I haven't seen anything. Annoying to say the least.

Message 7 of 22
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

@Cleanmachine wrote:

Can you clarify what you mean by this?  I'm in the same boat as you can read above.

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 8 of 22
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

In other words, my closing date is the 10th of each month. They report my balance to the credit bureaus on the 11th of each month.

Since your account is new, it may take a month or two for reporting to the credit bureau.

Hope this is helpful.

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me, Crap one usually reports on the day my statement is cut, otherwise, on the next business day.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.