cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Capital One report? Share your experience!

tag
wlueckel

Re: When does Capital One report? Share your experience!

sorry..

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took 2 months for mine to start reporting, but when it does report it's reported with current payment history for those two months.

Message 12 of 22
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@wollepopolle wrote:

I've had the Capital One No Hassle Rewards (the version for excellent credit with no annual fee and a $7500 limit)  since early August 2010. My first statement came on Sept. 9. Now I'll receive my second statement probably tomorrow. I've checked my Equifax today, and it hasn't reported yet. I've read here that they report later. Does anyone know when they report a certain statement date/month? is there a lag between statement and reporting (that's what I figure reading up on other threads)? Or do they sometimes completely "forget" to report at all?

I want to check how it reports since it's one of those pesky Mastercard "World" cards.

End of the month, but usually with previous statement balance in my experience. In contrast to Cap One, HSBC is similar in that they report the same way (end of the month), but your balance at the time is reported instead of most recent statement balance.  

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 22
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Yes, they just reported a day ago! It's finally on there. One day after the statement cuts with a one-month delay for new cardholders like me. Better late than never. Haha! It shows the opening date correctly as 08/2010, though. So, everything is alright for now, even though they didn't report the balance of my September statement but of my October statement. Oh, well...

Message 14 of 22
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

Well looks like I'll probably experience the same thing.  Did they report 2 good months or just one? I guess it would make sense that only one month payment reported.

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 15 of 22
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Yes, they only reported October's balance, not September's. Thus, they skipped a month.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's my history with Cap One unsecured Palatinum card.

I applied for my Cap 1 card on 10/16/10 was approved instantly.

Received it about a week later. Activated same day and made a charge the next day. It wouldn't let me pay online becuase there was no due date, so I called in and they accepted my payment over the phone. They also told me my statement date was the 14th of the month.

First statement was issued on 11/14 (this past Sunday). It actually showed up on Cap One website on Saturday night (11/13) as my "due date" but the actual statement didn't show up until Sunday morning (11/14). I have electronic billing only.

I PIF on Monday 11/15. I also had already paid several times and made sure to have a less than 10 percent balance which I paid off a few days before.

Today, 11/17 it showed up on at least my Experian and Equifax CR. I haven't checked TU yet.

Also, they are showing the account open as of "10/2010" so I guess I got a free 14 days of credit history there.

Good luck!

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have pretty much the same experience as you, i applied on 10/29 and was instantly approved, received my card a week later, and had to pay over the phone because it wouldnt let me do it online. my statement came out on the 16th, but it hasnt reported yet (the 17th). Now how exactly do statements work? I have an Orchard card and when i use it i literally go and pay my bill online 20 minutes after i make the charge, so i never wait at all. If i buy something do i wait for the statement to come out, and it will tell me when its due? Do you think me paying my charge over the phone (made the payment on the 9th) will effect them reporting since i didnt have a balance when the statement came out? Does it matter if you have  a balance or no?

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I've seen, if you buy something it will be deducted from your available credit right away. The next day it will show up in your transactions.

You can make a payment at any time and pay up to 110% of your balance (I believe). I usually pay a day or two later once it posts to transactions.

Anyway, I've only had the card for a month, so maybe there is a more sophisticated user that can give us both some advice.

Good luck!

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.