Regular Contributor

When does Capital One report new CC?!

I applied and was approved for a CapOne card at the end of December 2012 - still hasn't reported on my credit report! I have gotten my first bill and paid it before the due date - now I am in my second billing cycle.

How long did you have to wait to see it show up?

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: EQ Fico 699 | TU Fico 677 | EX Fico 698
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor

Re: When does Capital One report new CC?!

They dont report until (i wanna say) a week or so after your second statement cuts. It took forever for my card to report.
;
Frequent Contributor

Same here it took two billing periods for Cap 1 to report my acc to the CRAs i know it takes forever to see the acc in the reports. On the bright side, it gives time to apply for other Credit cards without affecting your chances of getting approved for new accounts.
Valued Contributor

Bad call. Hard pulls are visible by all creditors.

Frequent Contributor

I know but its worst when that new account is reported.. It hits your AAofA so chances of getting approved for other acc is lower than just having a hard pull showing up in your report..
Valued Contributor

It reported for me sometime after the second statement but before the third. The timing was weird IIRC, so wait it out and it should show up eventually.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $32,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Forward (12/12) $9,600

Last App: April 2, 2014
Valued Contributor

Just keep in mind that app's ding your score too.

Frequent Contributor

Thats the downside but after a year or so.... It wont affect your score at all.. Of course if your planning to buy a car or a house is a bad idea to apply for new accounts.. But if you don't theres no harm. It looks better for creditors to have a good number of accounts than just having one that way your credit file wont be considered thin anymore
Regular Contributor

I'm hoping it won't hurt my score any more than the inquiry did - My oldest account is 13.5 years and then I have one from about 6 years ago and now this card, so it'll bring my AAoA down a little .. but hopefully the new revolving account will help more. One good thing I have going is that this is the only inquiry I have had in the last 6 years (I guess that's one benefit of having bad credit - I knew not to bother even applying for anything!)

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: EQ Fico 699 | TU Fico 677 | EX Fico 698
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor

Mine showed up about 2 months after it was activated.
........???................659 (FICO)................659 (TU08) ........
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.