Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Capital One report new CC?!

tag
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

When does Capital One report new CC?!

I applied and was approved for a CapOne card at the end of December 2012 - still hasn't reported on my credit report! I have gotten my first bill and paid it before the due date - now I am in my second billing cycle.

How long did you have to wait to see it show up?

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: EQ Fico 766 | TU Fico 715 | EX Fico 753
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: When does Capital One report new CC?!

They dont report until (i wanna say) a week or so after your second statement cuts. It took forever for my card to report.
Message 2 of 10
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Same here it took two billing periods for Cap 1 to report my acc to the CRAs i know it takes forever to see the acc in the reports. On the bright side, it gives time to apply for other Credit cards without affecting your chances of getting approved for new accounts.
Message 3 of 10
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Bad call. Hard pulls are visible by all creditors.

Message 4 of 10
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

I know but its worst when that new account is reported.. It hits your AAofA so chances of getting approved for other acc is lower than just having a hard pull showing up in your report..
Message 5 of 10
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

It reported for me sometime after the second statement but before the third. The timing was weird IIRC, so wait it out and it should show up eventually.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 6 of 10
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Just keep in mind that app's ding your score too.

Message 7 of 10
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Thats the downside but after a year or so.... It wont affect your score at all.. Of course if your planning to buy a car or a house is a bad idea to apply for new accounts.. But if you don't theres no harm. It looks better for creditors to have a good number of accounts than just having one that way your credit file wont be considered thin anymore
Message 8 of 10
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

I'm hoping it won't hurt my score any more than the inquiry did - My oldest account is 13.5 years and then I have one from about 6 years ago and now this card, so it'll bring my AAoA down a little .. but hopefully the new revolving account will help more. One good thing I have going is that this is the only inquiry I have had in the last 6 years (I guess that's one benefit of having bad credit - I knew not to bother even applying for anything!)

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: EQ Fico 766 | TU Fico 715 | EX Fico 753
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
TravisD
Contributor

Mine showed up about 2 months after it was activated.
........???................659 (FICO)................659 (TU08) ........
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.